• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Metallic Golden Beige BJ8s

Goldie

Country flag
I have one of the MGB cars. I have owned it for almost 50 years (bought it in December, 1969). I never liked the color so I had it painted Healey blue a couple of years later. I bought the car in Nashville TN. I wanted to buy a BRG that was for sale then and had been owned by Roy Orbison. It was $500 more than my budget. I settled on my MGB. I restored the car several years ago and it is back to MGB. This is the second time I painted it that color. The first time I ordered paint from California from a guy in Long Beach that claimed to have all the correct Healey colors. It turned out to be a lot more silver than beige. I actually liked the color but I knew it was not correct since we saw the original color when we removed the armacord from the trunk. It is now correct but it is modern 2 part which really makes the color pop in the sunlight. Mine is black interior and Steve has my car in his registry.

Country flag
Having a car that had been (provably) owned by Roy Orbison would likely add considerable value to it. My dad's Mustang was originally bought by Alice Faye, but very few people--and no one under the age of 70--know who she was.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Having a car that had been (provably) owned by Roy Orbison would likely add considerable value to it. My dad's Mustang was originally bought by Alice Faye, but very few people--and no one under the age of 70--know who she was.
Jay Leno had a column about that. I suspect that there is an age where people would say "Roy who?" I don't know what age that is, but celebrity value eventually fades.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag