• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Lionel Trains & Hubley Plane

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Two friends and I used to race a Lionel locomotive around a track for 10 laps. Course had a slow S-curve. Winner won 25 cents. Go too fast and you go off the track, too slow and you lose. Friend's father - a notorious horse player, saw us racing and couldn't resist trying it himself. He lost. We were college students at the time.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Two friends and I used to race a Lionel locomotive around a track for 10 laps. Course had a slow S-curve. Winner won 25 cents. Go too fast and you go off the track, too slow and you lose. Friend's father - a notorious horse player, saw us racing and couldn't resist trying it himself. He lost. We were college students at the time.

Wow! party central in college! :devilgrin: You guys must have been a real hit with the girls. :jester:

636064315660575215-XXX-D01-ANIMAL-HOUSE-BLOCKBUSTER-02-DCOV-1541347-1-.jpg

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
This was during Xmas vacation and summers. One of us 3 was a real ladies man. You don't wanna know. Hint - it wasn't me.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
This was during Xmas vacation and summers. One of us 3 was a real ladies man. You don't wanna know. Hint - it wasn't me.

:grin:

yeah sure.jpg

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
I have a very small set of Lionel trains - one is quite old (1938-1940), a 1970's era one and a couple modern ones.
I had put a couple videos up on YouTube...
Just wanted to say I enjoyed watching your trains in action (and listening to your explanation describing them and the layout). Neat!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I liked the "ride-along".

TOC said:
Half the railroad, photos taken while doing major re-alignment of trackage.

Looks like a sweet layout, Dave. We ran everything from the center of the platform, a "cockpit" of sorts. Looks like you're doing the same.

We always wanted to figure a way to put a roundhouse on ours but never got to do it.