• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Len Redkenberger TR6 Manuals Available

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Over the past few weeks, James Matos, Len Renkenberger, Bob Danielson and I have been working together to make Len's 6-Tech Manual available for download at no cost. Bob and I have agreed to host the manual on our respective sites and have had a number of 6-Packers do some test downloads for us. The test downloads have been successful so it's time to roll this out to the other Triumph Forums.

There are a couple of download options so folks with high speed as well as low speed connections should be able to get what they need. There are also very specific directions on the steps to take to save these files to your hard drive.

The first option is for those with DSL/Cable and is a download of the complete manual at 36 MB and a supplement at 16 MB. With a high speed connection, the 36 MB file should take less then 5 minutes.

The other option for those with a slower connection is to download the individual sections that range in size from 1 MB to 5 MB.

If you find that downloads are taking longer then expected, please try again at another time, although this has not been a problem on the other forums and should not be now.

Brosky's Download site

BobbyD's Dowload site

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
WOW! :thankyousign:
Let me offer each and everyone of you guys my sincerest "Thank You" for all of your tireless work to make this manual available. Your efforts will no doubt be a big help in preserving our cars for the next generation.
Thanks again!

HerronScott

Darth Vader
James, Len, Bob and Paul,

Definitely a big thanks for making this available. I've only skimmed through it but it appears to have a lot of great information that's applicable for TR4A IRS owners as well.

Scott

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
Thanks, guy's. Downloaded both in less than 2 minutes.

HerronScott

Darth Vader
Jim,

I was going to comment as well that I too got great download speeds (6+Mbps) from Paul's site!

Scott

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Thanks Scott. That's good to know about the speed. I can't really tell by downloading something from myself.

BobbyD

Jedi Knight
How quickly we forget that just a few years ago most of us were on Dial Up or, if really lucky, ISDN. We would never have considered posting/hosting a 35 MB document for download........let alone seeing it come down in less then a few minutes. Mr Gore's internet :jester: has sure come a long way... :bow:

BobbyD

Jedi Knight
DNK said:
Bobby, you in MD?

Yup...... we drove down yesterday to babysit the grand kids and fly out of BWI tomorrow for 11 days in Florida. Be back home around the 12th and I really need to get some work done on my car with driving season around the corner. Time to stop making interior panels for other people and get started on my own!

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Dial up....I remember my first $300 1200 baud modem. Of course, all the programming that you ever needed could be on one floppy disk, maybe two if it was a monster.

BobbyD

Jedi Knight
Brosky said:
Dial up....I remember my first $300 1200 baud modem. Of course, all the programming that you ever needed could be on one floppy disk, maybe two if it was a monster.

Now we're getting way off topic but............the early pictures on my site were taken with a Sony Mavica digital camera that stored them to a floppy. No idea at this point what the resolution was.............other then crappy and small! Let's hear it for high speed and get back to Len's generosity!

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
BobbyD said:
Brosky said:

Now we're getting way off topic but............the early pictures on my site were taken with a Sony Mavica digital camera that stored them to a floppy. No idea at this point what the resolution was.............other then crappy and small! Let's hear it for high speed and get back to Len's generosity!

I still use my Sony Mavica. Can barely see anything screen, but it still puts an image on the floppy.

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
BobbyD said:
We would never have considered posting/hosting a 35 MB document for download ........

Jeez, my first real computer, an Apple LC II, had a whole <span style="font-style: italic">40MB</span> hard drive!

rchakr

Thank you gentlemen, for all your work. I've downloaded, printed, and put the book & supplement in a binder for easy reference. Thanks again!