• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ice cream social cancelled due to the hurricane

Ed_K

Jedi Knight
For those who were going to attend the picnic and ice cream social at Coastalman's home tomorrow in Oriental, NC , Charlie had to cancel it for obvious reasons. He is a little busy putting his cars up on jack stands , etc. , to email everyone.

Ed

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Hey Ed,
Hope Charlie does okay as I'm in Beaufort,South Carolina and just had a 40 mph outer band go through and cannot imagine what it is like for those in Irene's direct path. Checked with Hagerty a few days ago just to make sure all was covered in case of Irene changing course !
Regards,
Mike

Coastalman

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
It is starting to rain now (1:30pm). We expect strong winds tonight and when we wake up in the morning the first really strong winds will be hitting. I moved my 3000 BJ8 to higher ground and put my Sprite Mk1 up on high jack stands. My new neighbor across the street brought a really nice TR6 from Huston about a month ago when he moved in. He has it up on high jack stands also. His house is on the water so who knows what will happen there. Steve Byers lives on the other side of the big river here and he is riding it out also. I hope to reschedule the social for a weekend in September. I will post it as soon as Ed and I can pick a good weekend.
Wish us all luck here on the NC coast.
Charlie

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Good luck up there Charlie, we've had 70 mph gusts down here and we're only getting the outer bands of Irene. Hope you're not too close to Nags Head as that seems to be ground zero !
Be thinking about ya,
Mike

BabaKahawa

Jedi Knight
I have sailed from Washington down the pamlico sound to the outer banks.
You have some great shores and friendly folks there.
I hope the best for you, your family and friends.
I'll be praying for you all from here...

RJA

Charlie,

I hope every thing is ok with you and family. I have been watching the storm track and it seems to have passed right over Oriental. Best of luck!

Looking foward to Sept. social

Jerry

Coastalman

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
I am safe, all cars are okay, but there is major damage here. The eye did go right over us. Strange to walk around with calm winds, no rain and know we are right in the middle of a hurricane. My house is okay, but the garage is trashed. I had two docks and a two story staircase wash into the yard. Then there are all the limbs down and other debris. We got hit hard. No power, have to boil water (when it is on) and cell phone and internet service is spotty. I'll check back in later. I am dog tired from cleaning today and have just touched the surface.
Charlie

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Hey Charlie,
Glad to hear you came through pretty much okay. You have now been officially "pre-catasthrophied" ( think I spelled it wrong but you get the picture)so no other hurricanes will bother you this year. At least that is what I am saying with us missing it by 149 miles. Do you have a generator ? I got one a few years ago and have not had to use it yet so hope to keep that streak going. Post some pictures if you can as a lot of us real concerned and will be glad to know you came through okay.
Regards,
Mike Lewis
Beaufort,SC

BabaKahawa

Jedi Knight
glad to hear you are safe.. hope the same for your family and friends.
When you can, post some pics of the area.
I have never been in a storm like yours .
It must scare the heck out of you.. sure would me.
I can't imagine the sounds or sights..

Coastalman

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
We are in day four without power. I am so lucky to have a generator to power the refridgerator and some lights and TV. My internet service is through Verizon cell service so I am one of the few in my area to be able to connect with the outside world. Still cleaning up and now have to fight with the insurance adjusters. I hope to have the time to get some pictures up soon. The garage is cleaned out and my Healeys are back. Thank for checking in.
Charlie