• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello, I am Ralph

Ralph Wilton

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello
Thank you for accepting me here. I am the owner of a Lotus Esprit SE Hi Wing, Caterham 7, Talbot Sunbeam Lotus, MGB Roadster and a more modern Mini JCW. Other than the Mini, I do all the work myself {don't have time for the Mini) and in the past two years have rebuilt and strengthened the Lotus Gbox (stronger shafts, LSD and higher 5th gear), a new clutch, upgraded the intercooler (3x bigger with electric pump), new exhaust manifold and Titanium box, in addition to new front suspension and steering and a redesigned braking system. The engine is currently out of the MG fixing the oil leaks and I might rebuild the engine TBD. The Cat 7functions well but awaits a detachable steering wheel and a carbon dash and the Sunbeam Lotus is currently a shell on a spit and is the next major project. The bodyshell has been fully rebuilt.
I am an Engineer, have an M.Sc in Engineering and have worked in the industry for 46 years, starting at Lotus in the days of Colin Chapman and have worked in Motorsport, F1 and Rallying, as well as in major development projects over that time, especially during the last 20 years working for Ford in Engine design and development.
I hope in due course I am able to participate and help
Regards
Ralph

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Great cars and great history - theirs and yours. Please keep us posted on the progress and we would love to see pics

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome! You have some really cool cars.The Talbot sounds interesting.
Never seen one in person,only pictures.
Speaking of pictures,we need some of your cars.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Welcome to BCF - you have a great collection and I trust you will fit right in here at BCF!