• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Goods parts triple cars manifold for sale *DELETED*

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Re: Goods parts triple cars manifold for sale

If I may , why?

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Oh, got to be a market for yours. Don't ask Alana if he wants them. He'd probably smack you with them.

ROADSTR6

Jedi Trainee

I sent you a PM.

Dave

G

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, got to be a market for yours. Don't ask Alana if he wants them. He'd probably smack you with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing wrong with the manifolds - nice piece of kit actually. My problem is with the implementation on my particular pos.

I saw a set go on Ebay for around $800 fairly recently - had Palya's polished carbs on though (you can spot them a mile off), so it looked real pretty.

You might get a better response putting them on there. Let me know how you get on - mine might be following them!

Tosh

Jedi Trainee

Alana,

Triple manifold setup not what you expected?

G

How do I answer this...

It would be great if the mechanic had rebuilt the carbs properly as he was paid to do.
He didn't.
He didn't do a lot of other stuff either though so I shouldn't single this out...

I'm useless with carbs, and I can't bear to pay to have them rebuilt properly again. I'll do better if I put n/a efi on it sooner rather than later. It's that or sell the thing, and I'm still on the fence about that.

Does that answer the question?

Brosky

Great Pumpkin

I don't particulary care for the last part of the answer Alan. Remember the cooling off period and don't do anything rash.

ALLAN

Jedi Warrior

Cooling off periods dont help, it allows for too much procrastination. Alan get yourself a new mechanic, get your efi on, roll up your sleeves and get it done!!!!,

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

I totally agree with Allan. Alan,most of your problems have resulted from bad management from your mechanic. I know from a past post you don't pit all the blame on them but I think it is time to find a mechanic that also understands modifications and racing too. There has to be someone in NY who can point him in the right direction. Let's get this in a better mood. If we are not careful next thing we know he'll be driving an MG

Tosh

Jedi Trainee

Yep. Been there.

Spend lots of money, figure you are going to another level and find out it is not necessarily so.
Then you wonder,"Why did I just spend all this time and money" only to be still not satisfied.
Geez! I just spent $580 parts and labor to have my TR6 head rebuilt...2 valves, 2 seats, 12 guides, complete dual springs, hot tank.
Know what I have? A 37 year old head that does no more than, well, what a used head would have done just as well. (I have one)!

Know what? I bought a pair of brand new Y404 aluminum high flow heads for my 5.0 for $650, (that's a pair, new). (I mention this for context).

My point? Darned If I know.

Cheers

ROADSTR6

Jedi Trainee

Tosh,

Where did you gind such a good price on those heads? Are there more where those came from? I need some good heads for my '93 5.0h. $650 is a **** good price. It sure beats having to pay $1000-$1200 for a set of AFRs or TFS heads.

Dave

G

I've been trying to be charitable in my dealings with the mechanic in the hope that he'd do the right thing and fix his mistakes. In my 'real' life I can be a little demanding in the standards department, but since I was diagnosed with high blood pressure, I'm trying to be more laid back...

Having got the car back and seen some of the stuff that's been done, my true opinion of this imbecile is closer to the fact that I wouldn't trust him to use anything more advanced than a crayon without damaging himself or those around him, but the adjectives and adverbs I'd use contain a lot more anglo-saxon words.

Oh and I'd go lotus before mg any day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Entirely my point Alan, If it gets any worse I see an MG America in your future.
Don

Tosh

Jedi Trainee

Roadster6,
Yes. A good buy it was.
The Y series was, I think, being discontinued at the time, 'bout 2 years ago. They went to the GT40X series head. Purchased from www.buyfordracing.com.
Just checked my old sales receipt oops! the price was $749. Still quite good by any reasonable standard. Apologies.
P.S. Their site shows the current GT40X head @ $999.
keep on.

ALLAN

Jedi Warrior

Alan, We want to hear about a new mechanic not your old mechanic (we aready know he is lousy)---time to make some changes and get it done.

G

The new mechanic will be yours truly.

An FI conversion I can do; especially since I already have 90% of the parts. Welding is my bugbear...

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Find a good welder and bring him doughnuts and beer.