• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

First timer

kaz2be

Freshman Member
Hello every body,

I ‘m new and proud owner of 1976 TR-6, they build only 711 of them after. Car is very clean but needs a lot of work. This is my first LBC and I’m already in love with it, most important is that I can enjoy the car even if it requires some work. I have to thank you all for wealth of information that I gathered just by reading the forums, it was grate help in choosing the car. Hope to be accepted and keep enjoying conversing with you.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

Attachments

• 203423-IMG_1902-1.jpg
    203423-IMG_1902-1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 111

John_Mc

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Welcome kaz! Nice clean car!

OP
kaz2be

kaz2be

Freshman Member
Thanks,

To day was my first drive with top down after almost two weeks of owning the car.
Coming weekend forecast is not promising.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif

D

Deleted member 3577

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the forum... your first summer with a TR -- you must be in heaven man!

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yea.......Enjoy!!! & Welcome to the fun.
I was just out today for 2 hours.....I feel great now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Welcome welcome! nice car. I'm driving a TR6 this week, but then it's back to being LBCless.
Hope you find a second home here in our "club"

OP
kaz2be

kaz2be

Freshman Member
Thank you all for worm welcome. I did found my second home. This is almost as much fun as driving LBC.

R6MGS

Yoda
Nice car, White is my favorite color for the TR6....Out of curiousity what is the build date on your car?
I've only had my 6 for 5 days....The only time I've driven it with the top down was the initial test drive...since I've owned it I've never had the top down...beautiful weather here though, Haven't really had time to do anything but work on it.

OP
kaz2be

kaz2be

Freshman Member
Nice fleet. June 1976, July was lust month of production. Feel your pain, I’m postponing the time when I have to stop riding it and start working on mine.

R6MGS

Yoda
Thanks...I was wondering cuz mine is Dec 75...Just trying to place it, I guess it's probably one of the earlier 76's

OP
kaz2be

kaz2be

Freshman Member
To my knowledge last Chassis Number produced was CF58328U and that was in July 1976.
1976 production started with Chassis Number CF50001U.
1975 production ended with Cassis Number CF39991U.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Nice ride! Mine is yellow, but I still like the white. heck, I like em all, especially black and red. As long as they run, who cares what color it is?
Welcome to the forum. As you will soon learn, it's the best one around.

OP
kaz2be

kaz2be

Freshman Member
Thanks,

Yours is nice to, I almost bought yellow but white was the one. I agree with you when in the car you don’t see much of the color and at 70 mph don’t care.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you all for worm welcome.

Well,we're a worm group of people!

- Doug

vettedog72

Jedi Knight
I think you are a luck man to have a TR6 and you have great fortune for it to be a '76. The work required to keep a TR6 up is not work; it is a fun hobby.

OP
kaz2be

kaz2be

Freshman Member
You are absolutely right I’m very lucky to own a TR6 and work is fun when you have garage or some kind of roof over you and TR6. As you can understand I don’t have one so there is my dilemma. The weather in Montreal is very unpredictable, sunny days are only so many during driving season and any serious work can take much longer then originally planed.