• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Feeling guilty

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Tuesday I get the Vauxhall which meant yesterday was spent (in part) loading up the Fiat to go into storage. I swear it's expression has changed. Up until now the front end of the Multipla looked cheerful, even anticipatory, now it looks hurt and disappointed. It's like Toy Story, when toys go away because their owners don't want them any more. It's like he was saying "you promised - you promised we would go to shows together and I would drive again." I can't look him in the headlights.

Do you think I am ill?

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Not ill at all, JP.

Every now and then I think that I really have too many vehicles to play with (especially now with all of them needing work). Then I look at the Tunebug and his normally smiling face seems hurt somehow. So he stays. We're all a bit silly this way, or we wouldn't be doing this.

ichthos

Darth Vader
Country flag
That is so strange - that is just how I am, JP. I have had a 65 Ford Falcon for over 25 years. We have been through many of the ups and downs of life together. It makes little sense to keep it; it will require a total restoration, and yet there is sits on my property. I just can't part with it. I had planned to restore it, but then I spent all my time on the Bugeye and TR6. I had rationalized I would sell it so it could go to a good home where it would once be restored, but then I just couldn't bring myself to sell it. So, there it sits on my property. Five cars and two people make no sense. I just can't sell an old friend. Oh well, I own British cars, so I guess I don't have to be logical anyway.
Kevin

middie

Keep your chin up JP. Fiats are very forgiving cars, so after a bit of a sulk in the corner it will forgive you and simply wait until it is its turn again. After all, its Italian ancestory guarantees it will have many, many mood swings.

Wazza

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
middie said:
Keep your chin up JP. Fiats are very forgiving cars, so after a bit of a sulk in the corner it will forgive you and simply wait until it is its turn again. After all, its Italian ancestory guarantees it will have many, many mood swings.

Wazza
grin.gif

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Here she goes - a little sad. and, a pic of the new Viva (my daughter has started calling her Vivian - not sure if it will stick)

I'm torn. The people I want to share this with are here but the pics belong in the "Other British Cars" area - so, there are more pics there if you are interested.

cheers all!

Attachments

• 25594.jpg
    25594.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 25595.jpg
    25595.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 112

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Feel free to update here as well, we like pictures of cars... :smile:

and you ned to add the new car's details to your signature now.