• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Drool, Mickey, Drool.....

G

IMG_6229.jpg

My friend David Hayden's TR8 Hardtop that he will bringing to the show Saturday. That airbox is custom made from welded aluminum. The "white" lettering is actually aluminum showing through and clear coated. To be fed by the stock fresh air intakes at the front of the grill.

I go over to Dave's and only come home depressed.

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
How COOL is That!!!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Gee thanks, Bill!

By the way, it's in my "to-do" list to paint my valve covers exactly like that - only red instead of blue.

Very nice, though. Not all of us have that kind of ability.

Remind me not to show you my orthodontist's handiwork! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Very nice!Is this guy married?
How would you get the time to do that?

- Doug

OP
G

AngliaGT said:
Very nice!Is this guy married?
How would you get the time to do that?

- Doug

My friend David is amazing. Yes, he is married. His wife totally is on his side. He has done a TR3 (GT6 engine), TR4A,irs (concours), TR6 (running), TR8 (what you see), Lotus Europa (concours), Lotus Esprit Turbo 4 (concours --you ever see the inside of an Esprit tranny? Woosh.), Mini (late, concours), Mini early (next in line), 2 late model Jags (mint, firesale, why can't I find these things). He dumped his MGs.

Dave has huge shop with commercial lift, professional paint booth, media blaster, giant compressor, enough room to house 10 cars and room left over to work on others. Just a regular working guy, this is his passion.