• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Dave Russell Award

Basil

Administrator
Boss
dave_russell.jpg
As most of you know who have been around long enough, British Car Forum is often more like a big family than just another forum! In December of 2008, we lost an important part of that family with the passing of long-time forum member Dave Russell, of Boise Idaho. Dave, who joined by chance on my birthday in 2002, was one of the more prolific and knowledgeable members at BCF! While he was an Austin Healey owner and usually hung out in that forum, he could often be found helping out with problems in other forums as well. I had the pleasure of meeting Dave in person a few years ago when my wife and I were attending her high school reunion in Twin Falls, ID. A nicer man you could not hope to meet. When he died, after a long illness, it hit many BCF members hard! We took up a collection in Dave's honor and ended up donating $600 to the Humphries Diabetes Center in his name. Another thing we decided to do to remember Dave was to institute an annual "Dave Russell" award to be given to a member who demonstrates the kind of giving attitude that Dave had! Someone who goes above and beyond in either helping fellow members or in fostering the British car hobby in some meaningful way.

This thread is where I will post all winners of the Dave Russell Award!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Year-------------Award Recipient</span>
<span style="color: #000099">2009</span>----------------<span style="color: #000099">TR3Driver (Randall) </span>
<span style="color: #000099">2010</span>----------------<span style="color: #000099">Mickey Richaud </span>

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Basil. Not looking for Brownie points but without our esteemed leader, there wouldn't be an LBC community to be there for any of us. It serves an info purpose as well as a social outlet. Good on the Boss, Basil! JMHO