• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Cute

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
[h=1]Classics bring the masses, but cute steals the show at Woodward Dream Cruise[/h]

-7b7c9966f8a480e1.jpg

ROYAL OAK, MI -- In a sea of long, elegant, classic American cars Saturday at Memorial Park, one small, yellow, bug-eyed car didn't quite fit in, but attracted plenty of attention.
And its proud, jovial owner, Joe Lambert of Clinton Township, was beside it all day in his 20th Woodward Dream Cruise, offering photos in the driver's seat to any woman and child who approached.
He bought the 1959 Austin Healey while in high school in 1970.
"The call it a Bug-eyed Sprite. In England they call it a Frogeye," said Lambert, 63.
He bought it then because it attracted girls. He's kept it since because his wife said so.
"Girls like this car. Kids like this car. It's cute," he said.
"I hate that word, but... I'm used to it."
Lambert was one of thousands of car fanatics who gathered in Detroit's northern suburbs along Woodward Avenue for the Dream Cruise, which organizers call the world's largest one-day auto event.
Some 1.5 million people and 40,000 cars were expected to visit Detroit's northern suburbs along Woodward Avenue for the festivities Saturday.

https://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2015/08/classics_bring_the_masses_but.html

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Yup. Spridgets have to be the friendliest cars around. Talk about the ultimate icebreaker!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
NO! - NOT the "C" word!

- Doug

How 'bout "Precious" - that suit ya better? :jester:

attachment.php

No doubt the Bugeye corners the cute factor, though.

Attachments

• precious.jpg
    precious.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 166

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
My answer to the "Cute" comment is usually "No, this is not cute! It is a masterpiece of British engineering!".

The other comment I like is when people suggest that men drive big, powerful muscle cars (or lifted trucks) as a way of compensating for their anatomical inadequacies, then the opposite must be true. Spridget drivers, therefore, must have John Holmes dimensions in that area.

nomad

Yoda
I'm getting a chuckle out of this thread and, I gotta say, that if the modern pickup driver is compensating for anatomical lacking its got to be the only thing a modern pickup is good for....surely not for doing anything a pickup is supposed to do!

Kurt.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I'm getting a chuckle out of this thread and, I gotta say, that if the modern pickup driver is compensating for anatomical lacking its got to be the only thing a modern pickup is good for....surely not for doing anything a pickup is supposed to do!

Kurt.

Well, this guy's got the cute AND compensation factor!

attachment.php

Attachments

• VPK134G-3.jpg
    VPK134G-3.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 117

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Steve P.

Jedi Hopeful
Cute or not, the important thing I've noticed over the years is people that have and
drive Sprigets always seem to have an ear to ear smile on their faces.
The reason I got into Britmobiles in the first place is because the girls really
liked them. And that is still as true today as it was decades ago.
Steve

tomshobby

Yoda
Cute or not, the important thing I've noticed over the years is people that have and
drive Sprigets always seem to have an ear to ear smile on their faces.
The reason I got into Britmobiles in the first place is because the girls really
liked them. And that is still as true today as it was decades ago.
Steve

Bought my '67 GT6 new and met Shirley early in '68 and we married later that year. That will make it 47 years in November. We have driven a lot of miles in LBC's since then.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 67 4.jpg
    67 4.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 86