• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Corrosion X

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
I've used this product and Corrosion X HD for boats and fishing tackle used in saltwater to protect them from corrosion, but today I was spraying some pretty rusty tools and hooks and was surprised to see that it removed rust as well. It removed moderate and surface rust down to the original finish in less than an hour and I think I'll give it a try on some severely rusted parts of my next project car. Has anyone else tried thus stuff?
Rut

CaptRandy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Used CorX for 10+years in marine environment and always performed well. Reel and rods never failed nor did any wiring which actually runs through open conduit in bilges.

OP
Rut

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Used CorX for 10+years in marine environment and always performed well. Reel and rods never failed nor did any wiring which actually runs through open conduit in bilges.
Randy,
Same here, but I never knew it removed rust so well!
Rut

CaptRandy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
On offshore trips we wash down all rods/reels with fresh water tank and air dry in cockpit then spray with light coat of CorX andthe stwo in racks We depend on the equipment for trips after tuna/billfish that can win good$$$ so we depend on them holding up to rigors of salt spray constantly.