• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Congrats Lin Rose

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
Congrats Lin Rose,

If you're a member of the Austin-Healey Club of America, then you should get a monthly copy of the Healey Marque, included, mailed to your home.

This months issue, April 2009, features a fine article by one of our BCF members, Lin Rose.

Lin is an active member here, and I wanted to give a shout out to him, for a well written piece. He even made the cover!
From reading the article and looking at all the documentation he kept, he should be commended for a job well done. There's one photo, a two page spread, displaying his BT7 in all it's glory, and the smartly dressed Lin standing behind his BT7 with his arm around his daughter, or is that your beautiful wife... you lucky guy! Anyway, it's nice to put a face with the people we get to know and become friends with here on the BCF.

I'd also like to take a moment here and say how much I like the piece our Mr. Reid Trummel wrote in that issue, titled, Thank You Notes.

If you haven't received your copy of Healey Marque yet, look for it in your mailbox.

Well done Lin Rose!
Cheers,
Roger

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Re: Congrads Lin Rose

I was waiting for someone who could articulate better than I on the wonderful article which appears in the latest Healey Marque newsletter. The descriptive article and pictures on Lin's accomplishment is superb. I really enjoyed following this labor of love and seeing the family support behind all the efforts.
Wonderful restoration, wonderful article.

Dougie

HealeyPassion

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

Well said Roger! It was a superb piece and the photography was exceptional. Congrats to Lin!!

If you haven't checked out Lin's websete "The Bloody Beast" you really ought to spend some time with it....

https://web.mac.com/linwoodrose/My_AH_3000_BT7_/Home.html

It gives you an indepth look at much of what has gone into Lin's beautiful Bloody Beast.

Cheers,
Steve

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag

I loved his personalized list of changes too. I would like to have all of them.

Jerry

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
Country flag

Well shucks,guys! Thanks so much. Reid sent me a pdf of the article, but I haven't received my issue of the Marque yet. So I haven't seen the published version. Mail is slower to the right coast, I guess.

I appreciate your kind words.

It was fun to document everything on the web site, but my primary purpose was trying to help others who are starting their restorations. I got so much assistance from this Forum (Dave Russell is missed) and the healey list serve, that I felt obligated to try to help others.

This May when I make my cross-country trip (about 7,000 miles) we will find out how well I put the Beast together!

Cheers,

Lin

healeynut

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Yes, I was going to say something too. Great article! Nice Car!

Will you fix mine too??

:smile:

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Country flag

Mine just arrived, GOOD JOB! Really nice quality pictures, and giving your wife some notoriety goes a long way towards future car projects (read: E X P E N S E S). Remember that guys!

And Reid, if you're watching, I really like the idea of putting each contributors E-mail in your <span style="font-style: italic">Marque Matters</span>. Like thousands of others, that rarely express themselves, I think the <span style="font-style: italic">Healey Marque</span> is a top quality club magazine.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

:savewave: Lin!!

I just got the old rag , :laugh: pretty good issue through. You have done an excellent job on the car and article. I do not expect any failures during the trip except maybe a puncture on the side of the road,--- :cheers:--Keoke