• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Cautionary Tales

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
A corollary to the "too hot / too cold", this past Monday I was changing the air filter on my car in 5 degree weather. Snapped off a clip due to the cold / brittle plastic. Argh!

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
This is a fine thread. Careless, yes but humorous,interesting and informative . Possibly cathartic.

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
When working on a 6-71 GM diesel engine make sure you have the air cutoff cable attached to the blower intake. Failure to do so leaves you with a unstoppable force .
two shop rags and a three ringed manual binder and it stops trying to climb out of the back of a bus
very embarrassing moment

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
My dad had a cabinet shop. He always told us to stand to the side of the table saw as you put wood through the saw. Lesson was very clear when a 1 foot piece was thrown out the back and stuck in a wall 20 feet away. Still not the dumbest thing I have ever done.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
My dad had a cabinet shop. He always told us to stand to the side of the table saw as you put wood through the saw. Lesson was very clear when a 1 foot piece was thrown out the back and stuck in a wall 20 feet away. Still not the dumbest thing I have ever done.

I use a table saw all the time, but I hate it. At least these days most table saws have an anti-kickback guard.