• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Call me crazy....

G

Since I have been thinking about selling my TR6, I have not been able to bring myself to selling it "as is". That is, needs some things done to it and don't have the heart or mindset to sell it with some glitches. First off, I need to change the ring gear because I have chipped a tooth and every 20th cranking I need to put it in 4th gear and rock it to move the flywheel. Also have a leaking rear oil seal so what a great time to do that (underneath the flywheel).
And, since I will have the engine out (yes, I am pulling engine/tranny - easier on my bad back) and the tranny off, I will install that new Magic Clutch from TRF (already has one in but who in their right mind will pull a tranny and not change the clutch, the old one has 18 K on it.) And since all this will be out, I will have a chance to use the Heritage floorboards I bought 2 years ago and cut out my pinholded floorboards (My stupidity for leaving wet carpet in off and on for 2 years, now they are instantly removeable.)

So, call me crazy but anyone interested in a resto-mod TR6 with triple carbs and all the bells and whistles and 3 time first place winner at our annual car show, let me know. It should be done sometimes after Christmas. Then, maybe I will change my mind. Of course, anyone want it "as is" can take it for the same price, all the new parts in the box go along with it.

Can't stand to be idle.

Bill

OP
G

I'll say up front that this is said with no offense intended, but Bill after reading your post I had to comment:

You are going to pull the engine/tranny, install a clutch, replace the ring gear and install new floorboards, but you can't drive it because you aren't well enough!

Err...

jerrybny

Jedi Knight
Don't do it Bill. But if you must what was your asking price. Can't buy it for myself but just curious. Thanks

OP
G

Car cost $4000 (rust free with solid frame)
New Engine: Bored 20 over w/ AE pistons, Deves SS rings, new connecting rods, crank turned w/ new bearings, new oil pump, steel bridge, head shaved 9.5:1, ported, polished, flowed, new valves (stellite) with GP roller rockers, al. valve cover, triple concours rebuilt ZS carbs, al. water pump housing, new water pump, new timing chain and sprockets (Kent), GP2 cam, chromoly push rods, tappets, oil diverter line, oil cooler w/ spin filter, TRF tranny rebuild, Quantum J-type overdrive, new ujoints, TRF diff. and hubs, alfin rear brakes, new front rotor, complete new brakes front to rear including lines, new aluminum fuel tank, new fuel lines, rear tube Spax, front Koni, comp. springs, all suspension rebuilt (rubber), custom SS exhaust (Falcon), Falcon plated SS headers, Ron Davis al. radiator, Spal 16" fan (dual control), GP al. shroud, new fuel pump, new rebuilt dizzy, new wiring harness, all lights new, all rubber new, new windshield, new grill and shroud, new Sunfast top and cover, custom roll bar with lite, new seats, new interior and dash, newly rebuilt gauges, new steering wheel, all switches new, luggage rack, Aamco bumper guards (new, rare), Cibie headlights and fogs, custom paint and louvers, Panasports and Michelin Hydroedge tires (new), new-new clutch, plus more.....
Over $35,000.00 invested....asking 20K.

Very quick, very reliable, kinda loud (mellow), very sexy.

Kinda like me (the loud and sexy part)

I gotta make a decision. Not easy. I know ya'll have been through this before with me but this time "it's for real".

I see where some have spent over 20K on "restored" TR6s and gotten screwed. I couldn't sleep at night if I did that to someone. Drive anywhere, even Puerto Rico with a good running start and a tailwind.

Bill

OP
G

And, new TRF steering rack rebuild, NEW Delco-style alternator, new Optima gel battery, and on....

Bill

swift6

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
Over $35,000.00 invested....asking 20K.

[/ QUOTE ]

For everything that you've done, I'd say that's a fair price. I'd also have to say that I hope you get it. Modified TR6's seem to be getting more and more acceptable. Especially if they retain the 'character' of the TR6. As the owner of a similarly modified TR6 I would certainly like to see the values of well done, non-concourse, cars continue to climb.

Good Luck! Best Wishes!

OP
G

Hear Hear.

I'd just like to dream that one day it'll be worth what's in it...

bunzil

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Health reasons.

Is there anything better for ones heath than the therapeutic benefit of owning and driving a TR-6? I remember you wrote about this benefit before Bill...any chance you might reconsider? If not, stay with us here in the forum and help us deal with leaks, gremlins, and each other. Please!

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

bunzil

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Don't know what happened to my post above. The quote got confused with my response. Operator error. But the message was, "Bill stick with us".

NickMorgan

Jedi Knight
Bill,
In my experience there are two kinds of people who sell cars. There are the rare few like yourself, who are decent people not wanting to disappoint the buyer of the car, and then there are most other people who try to cover up the faults and get as much for the car as they can.
I have a friend like you who always brings his cars up to top condition before the passes them on. I, too, seem to only sell cars when they are going their best (and I seem to buy them after they have been quickly "tarted up"). I recently bought a Triumph Herald and discovered so much wrong with it that I ended up dismantling it for parts rather than passing it on to some other poor soul.
You can take heart that you are one of the decent guys and you will certainly be able to sleep well at night with a clear conscience. No, you are not mad.