• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A Small Interesting Healey Story in the Naked City

pkmh

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Now that my Healey has been elevated to a "Driver" instead of just being on floorjacks, I get to drive it around, albeit more local than highway (still not quite confident to take it on the open road just yet). The sounding off of my muffler in low tone seems to cause heads to turn as I approach for sure.

Other times, I had a mother with her daughter follow me just so I would stop and then ask me what kind of car I was driving.

Today, I had a woman walking by come up to me in my driveway and tell me a story of how she and her boyfriend drove their Healey to the Woodstock Concert in 1969 but in attempts to making it back home, they broke down in Monticello, NY, due to a bad fuel pump. They hitchhiked home to New Jersey, then got a new fuel pump and hitchhiked back to Monticello and waited till a mechanic replaced the old with new. She also said theirs was white with a black cove (don't really recall seeing any in that color combination, do you?!). Anyway, she went into melancholy lane seeing mine there.

Wow, to imagine going to Woodstock in a Healey! I was too young for that concert but old enough to go to the 1973 Watkins Glen Concert in my 1970 Opel GT. And yes, I made there and back without breaking down. Go figure.

I have a feeling I am going to learn other little interesting stories as I go. Be curious to learn more, if worth sharing.

Paul

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I have a feeling I am going to learn other little interesting stories as I go. Be curious to learn more

Yep and I think they will be first hand experiences not just others stories.---Keoke-- :laugh:

Country flag
On the way to Rendezvous last year, while stopped at a motel in Alturas,CA, an 80+ year old lady, with a drink in her hand, came up to my wife and me and stated she had sex in an Austin Healey like that in the 70's. (I swore to my wife it wasn't me). This left us trying to decide "how".
I bet there are a million fun stories out there.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well I was in Canada had put the Healey under its cover for the night. When I appriached the car the next morning a grup of people were lifting the cover to peek underneath. I Said "can I help you!" they replied " there is a Healey under there we are frum England and would like to see it"---Keoke :laugh:

EV2239

Jedi Warrior
Way back in the sixties, I had a MK 1 3000, my Dad a Tri-Carb MK2 and my wife to be, she was a law student at the London School of Economics had a BJ7 bought from John Chatham, one time owner and campaigner of the ex works car DD300.

I shan't confess any non driving activities in the car, but it took us on our honeymoon and we kept it for a year or so after that.

Here's me in it outside our first house in 1971.

4325918778_e70b69216d_o.jpg

And here is my current car, bought forty years later from dear old John who's seventy four now, so not chasing quite so many women.

5833378312_79f2085fe2_b.jpg

Ash

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
<span style="font-style: italic">"...an 80+ year old lady, with a drink in her hand, came up to my wife and me and stated she had sex in an Austin Healey like that in the 70's. (I swore to my wife it wasn't me). This left us trying to decide "how"."</span>

I guess that depends on what your definition of "is" is.

In 1961 I had a BN7 and worked a summer in NYC. I used to take dates up to see the Boston Symphony Orchestra at Tanglewood. It really knocked their socks (and more) off, but not in the car.

OP
pkmh

pkmh

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
OMG! Couldn't stop laughing about making it in the car.

I would like to think one day I'll get the same kind of excitement like above but...."NO"...."Wait a minute"...As it so happened, while in high school, I had a high school girl in my Opel GT and want to "do it" in THAT car and in broad daylight no less at the local mall with security driving around the parking lot, no less. I said to her, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" What's wrong with a room, for crying out loud?

Sorry to say that day ended in driving her back home, never to see her again and me wondering if was I crazy.

Okay folks, having a Healey yields a bit more room but still, how? I mean, "HOW?" Forget about ripping up the interior or smashing out a couple of gauges with those high heel shoes. And being older doesn't help.

Now I know why I am still single. And I bet the few out there who see me driving in my Healey are thinking "Oh, it's just that guy from high school who just doesn't know how to have fun."

Help!

Paul

bob hughes

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
pkmh said:
OMG!
I would like to think one day I'll get the same kind of excitement like above but...."NO"...."Wait a minute"...As it
Okay folks, having a Healey yields a bit more room but still, how? I mean, "HOW?" Forget about ripping up the interior or smashing out a couple of gauges with those high heel shoes. And being older doesn't help.
Paul

Paul

Use your imagination, believe me, it was very much possible - when you are young and virile, however, I can not say that it is comfortable! Enough said I think.
:smirk:

Bob

OP
pkmh

pkmh

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Bob,

I know it's true what you say. Still, as a teenager, I had different ideas of romance. Yes, I know, booooring!

Well, here I am driving a sports car once again. Not an Opel GT, or a TR-6 or a Mustang. Don't suppose it's from past high school frustrations...Naw...I think the frustration was from driving the Opel. Good for what that car was, but nothing like driving and looking at a Healey (no disrespect to TR owners--those cars were fun, of course).

When the timing is right (and I don't mean the car), then new lessons will be learned by me...well...maybe.

Having fun with my [lady] Healey as she is, anyway, but one never knows about what the future holds.

Saga always to be continued...in the Naked City (or dressed, in my case).

Paul