• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

1936 MG PB

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Hi all:

Some of you may know my flurries with the 1959 AH BE that has been a "bit" modified.

A few, know of the 1936 MG PB #474 (one of the last cars built by Mr. Kimber) that my brother and I had acquired over the the summer. He is affectionately referred to as chitty, chitty, bang, bang. This gem was bought from an estate that had been sitting on him for about ten years.

He was brought into the US in 1960 after being completely renovated in the UK. The engine was rebuilt, new floor boards interior, etc. Numbers all match original registration in the UK. I am told that he retains alot of original items that are hard to find.

He is about 99% complete and very solid, with some items not being installed that we have (like the windshield, since it was removed for Brooklands).

We have tinkered about on the last few weekends and have gotten him running and driving easily on his own accord, other then an original fuel feed.

I was never a T series guys, let alone an MMM vehicle. He is truly a classic part of history that I wanted to share with all I hope a you will happily invite a new treasure to the forum.

I will keep you all posted as to what is done. Alot of work it has to be historical documentated.

Goose Bumps, If any one knows anything at all it would be appreciated.

Patrick

Attachments

• 282526-MGPB1(9).jpg
    282526-MGPB1(9).jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 168
Get in touch with Tom Metcalf, Bill Tantau, Bob Rich, Lew Palmer (to name a few MMM enthusiasts)...join the North American MMM Register....venture over to the MMM Boards...there is a wealth of knowledge out there. Contact me off list if you need e-mail addresses.

The MMM cars are among some of the most beautiful automobiles ever produced, in my opinion!

Good luck and congratulations!

R6MGS

Yoda
Amazing...great find, keep us posted.

Steve_S

Yoda
Nothing but trouble, those old cars. I'd be willing to take that pile off your hands. I'll even pick it up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rick has given you good advise. The guys who know these cars are typically very knowledgeable, and will be your best resource. Forget online forums, forget Moss Motors, forget all the usual stuff. You will have to own this car the old-fashioned way. It's actually better in a lot of ways.

OP
GB1

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Thanks Guys!

We have forgotten all usual methods and all well known known suppliers.

We justed wanted to share this piece of history.

Patrick

Attachments

• 282544-PBBought3.jpg
    282544-PBBought3.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 98

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Weeeee, Pat came out of the closet. Way to go Pat.

Checks route planning to NY.

OP
GB1

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Welcome to my world, 27 5/8 with a bit of slack.

Patrick

Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Numbers all match original registration in the UK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know the UK registration number? You might be able to tell something from that about where it was originally located. The British licensing authority (the DVLA) is able to provide registration details of previous owners and their addresses for current cars, and I suspect they may be able to do so for some older cars too.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
That's just wrong. It should be mine all mine I tell ya. You are getting sleepy...sleepy... sleee........ZZZZZZ. When you wake up you will hand me the keys. 1, 2, 3.

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Lovely cars, the P types. I am envious!
My father had one of the very rare PB Airline coupes, but unfortunately during a body-off rebuild all the coachwork was destroyed in a barn fire.
The chassis and all moving bits went to Don Pitt, who built it an open 2-seater with which we lost trace. That was around 1960-ish. Don died in 1969.

So, Bizjetguy, where's this PA?

BizJetGuy

Jedi Hopeful
[ QUOTE ]
So, Bizjetguy, where's this PA?

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC it's in San Antonio. The car was at the HABMVE (Houston All-British Motor Vehicle Expo - what a mouthful) last month at Trader's Village. It was posted for sale on the Houston MG Club website but it looks like the site is down for re vamping right now.

The only photo I have of it is where it is barely in the frame of a photo I took of a Magnette.

282797-IMG_0141Resized.jpg

Attachments

• 282797-IMG_0141Resized.jpg
    282797-IMG_0141Resized.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 68

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I never tire of looking at those early MGs.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

OP
GB1

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Thank you all for the info, it is greatly appreciated!!!

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
I see the PA may well have been supplied by University Motors - just a bit of trivia . .

OP
GB1

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
What a wonderful car!
And obviously, it's going to someone who will give it proper care.
Best of luck with it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Nial, it means alot to me coming from you.

Also thanks to everyone. I am thinking about getting a web site from Basil to keep all posted of my projects.

It is getting cold here and I am finally closing on the house here next week so that will probably be my Winter work. It took a bit longer getting all the stuff together since this house is very close to the ocean.

I have one three bedroom left to rent, get the garage somewhat sorted out and make the backyard doggie friendly.

Soon the tool belt will be out, but I am looking forward to the Spring to get back to the LBC's.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!

And thank you all for being my friend.

Patrick

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
And you Pat.