• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

100/6 side screens

andrea

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I have fit the sidescreens on my BN4 1957 Longbridge car, after some works on the brackets, the fitting is OK on the front windshield on the doors base and at the rear, BUT the upper part of aluminium, IMGP2192ab.jpgIMGP2191ab.jpg result so far from my Everflex TOP that a raining day can be a disaster, TOP frame appear to me in the correct position and TOP appearance without sidescreen are goodIMGP2179.jpg
Any suggestion to avoid wet days??

British_Recovery

Jedi Warrior
Bronze
Country flag
Your side curtains are on the wrong sides. The smooth side of the aluminum fits against the top. Just switch the brackets from left to right and you should be in much better shape. Good luck, Bob

johnea

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Turning your side curtains around like Bob says would also bring your side screen knobs on the inside of the car, where they're supposed to be . . . .

healey106

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Andrea - who did the plexiglas of the side curtains? I believe those side screen knobs are located lower on the original factory side screens. But perhaps someone could confirm this? jim:driving:

OP
andrea

andrea

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hi Jim
The Restoration guide (Anderson)pages dedicated to SIDE WINDOWS have photo that confirm the position of my perspex knobs
Austin Healey 100 6 1side windows-001-001.jpgAustin Healey 100 6 1side windows-001-002.jpgjust a little lower position but this is NOT a Longbridge carIMGP2192a.jpg
in the first page there are a Longbridge car (with the front panel opening)but knobs aren't visible.
At page 77 of AH RG of Anders I have find a photo colored sidewindow3- 1-001.jpgthe knob are at the same lower position Note the different upper part of the aluminium ...probably I have the correct LOngbridge TOP and TOP Frame -but the wrong Side windows, waiting to mount my hard top,for a definitive valutation
The exchange of position of my brackets are on my opinion a wrong reply at my problems
The adding of one internal knobs kelp a lot a man with claustrophobic problems as me

British_Recovery

Jedi Warrior
Bronze
Country flag
Hi Andrea,
The six cylinder side curtains, Longbridge included, cover the same open area. Your brackets appear to be later, non-Longbridge, as are the frames. Keeping the brackets where they are on the doors, and removing the frames and switching them to the other side, will make them work. The plexiglass will then overlap correctly, with the forward window over the rear panel. The inner one will be the slider. Smooth side of the aluminum touches the flap of the top.
The diagonal seam that points to the turnbuckle of your top indicates that it might be the pattern for the later cars, as the Longbridge top seam is more horizontal and should be in the same position as the top bow.
Good luck, Bob

OP
andrea

andrea

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hi BOB
I have understand your suggestion- not easy for me that aren't English native
NOW I will invert my sidescreen undoubtedly mounted on the wrong side
Tanks very much
Cheers

OP
andrea

andrea

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Tanks to BOB suggestion I have realized that my sidescreen was mounted on wrong side,
now with the knobs at the interior of car and the water opening on the aluminium base direct to the outside the situation are more comfortable- NOT perfect but correct IMGP2199z.jpg

Attachments

• IMGP2191z..jpg
    IMGP2191z..jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited: