• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Road Atlanta-Closing?

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
If any of you guys want to race at Road Atlanta, better do it soon. Suburban housing is creeping very close to the track and may push it out before too long.

Same thing happened to Bridgehampton (first track I raced on).

We've had almost the same thing happen in my area........jerks move next to an airport and then complain about it.

More news about ~Road Atlanta Situation Here~

Basil

Administrator
Boss
[ QUOTE ]
jerks move next to an airport and then complain about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's something that I've always found amazing.

AlanT

Jedi Trainee
The last time it changed hands the price seemed to be just above the real estate value. I would not be surprised if Panoz sells it or develops it into something else. Sorry to say that Road Atlanta went from one of my favorite tracks to one of my least favorite tracks in a very short time. And I have over a thousand laps logged in there.

Alan T

Attachments

• 222055-DB3-7.jpg
    222055-DB3-7.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 70

racing girl

Jedi Knight
I'm sick of hearing about stuff like this, we fight the same thing year in, year out at Waterford Hills... no race engines before 10am, no race engines after 6pm, no racecars over 75db. We have to warn people if they're over 72, and if they hit 75 or over, they're black flagged and pulled off the track. First race weekend they even complained that we played the National Anthem too loud! For crying out loud, the track is located in INDEPENDANCE TOWNSHIP!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I actually hate to think about how much the property would be worth for the real estate market.

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

OP
aeronca65t

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
...First race weekend they even complained that we played the National Anthem too loud!...

OK, it's a nice song and all, but not everyone in Michigan wants to hear "God Save The Queen" early in the morning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
heheheee... <pitch keyboard, replace same>

Up in Connecticut (Lime Rock) that has been going on for YEARS.... mebbe THEY were the ones setting the precedent!

...mebbe we should go and hunt down the perps like the dogs they are.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

...on second thought: would they whine and complain as loudly and effectively if it were a NASCAR event on their "home turf"?!?!? ---somehow I think it would go differently.

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
It's ironic that the high density residential development they're putting in is called "Park at Riverside". Riverside International Raceway in California was shut down by urban sprawl in '89.

For decades the "neighbors" were SAC B-52's and KC-135's. Strangely enough, they never complained about noise. Eventually our warriors were redeployed and the yuppies swarmed in. They wanted a mall more than a racetrack. Sigh...

PC.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Road America is still there........could not be much further from urban sprawl. Beautiful surroundings, sweet race track, neighbours who love it! (Brings a LOT of dollars in) come on down, they'd love to have you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Bugeye58

Yoda
I could easily turn this into a rant, but I won't.
Steve, since the closing of Riverside, Elkhart Lake became my favorite track. Although I don't like the extra barriers and fencing that have been installed over the last few years, it's still a wonderful place to race. Plus, it has one of the all time great racer hangouts, Siebkens, just down the road.
And, PC, I still have my "I Raced The Last Lap At Riverside" T shirt.
Jeff

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Same thing's happening at Huntsville Speedway...its been there forever & the subdivisions are relatively new...yet, its having to limit the racing hours & require noise controls....sometimes I wonder about the human race!

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
...And, PC, I still have my "I Raced The Last Lap At Riverside" T shirt...

[/ QUOTE ]I must have watched you out there. I have a "5th Annual Last Race at Riverside" T-shirt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

PC.

cherokee

I have an airport story that fits in here, Going into OJC (Johnson County Kansas) I am about 10miles out and key the mic to turn on the lights, a second later the lights turn off. Hmmm, key the mic again turn on lights..a second later off the lights go. So I call in and you know why they where turning off the lights, the neighbors where complaining about them. I was P.O'd. Needless to say the lights stayed on, and I suggested to the idiot that he not turn off lights again. This was at a time when the tower was closed, so some moron ground guy was turning off the lights.

If you don't want to live next to an airport/race track/ drag strip....hay suggestion to ya...don't move there.

D

Deleted member 3577

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gifFind out who it was and leave some skid marks on thier roof.

Not doubting you, but I heard nothing of this and was there just weekend before last. Panoz is pretty commited to racing and has his shops are on the premises. Where did you hear this from? Being a longtime SCCA SE divison member it just seems this would be all over my email and the racing forums by now and I've heard nothing.

Well it appears that there is talk of a commercial property, like a industrial park next to the track.
RA spoke people are saying that they oppose residental building on this property, but once it sold the county could change all that. Road Atlanta was on life support before Panoz bought it. I'm sure at some point in time the yuppies will win this battle, I just hope it is later rather than sooner.