• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

When it rains it pours

Basil

Administrator
Boss
My wife went to Ruidoso, NM with some girl friends for a Line Dancing jamboree. She left Friday and was supposed to drive back in the Telluride with one of her friends in tow this morning (Sunday). I was about to head to church when I get a call...she was stuck somewhere in middle of nowhere with a flat tire. I was going to take her BMW Z4 too rescue her, but as I started drive, I got low tire pressure warning! You guessed it, I had a nail in the my right rear tire!

Luckily I was able to get hold of a good friend who happens to live about 20 miles from where she is stuck and he drove out to rescue them and put on the spare. Of course there's also a snow storm going on! Argggg!

(I'm going to have to teach her how to do that whether she wants to learn or not! LOL)

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
The guy who rescued her sent me this picture. Some sort of big spike near the edge of the tire, exiting at the rim. Definitely not repairable.
IMG_1762.JPG

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Better pictures now that she's home. A big chunk of the inner sidewall is blown out and I pulled out a large chunk of what appears to be some pot metal part, but can't make out what it is (or was).

IMG_3822.jpeg

IMG_3823.jpeg

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Wheel weight?

That was my guess too.

Looks like someone will be buying at least one new tire.
I didn't think so due to fact that broken end looked like pot metal, but after looking at some images from a search, I think you guys may be right. It does have the characters 1.5 MC on the side, so it very well could be a wheel weight. It's definitely not from our tire becuase our wheel weights are all the flat type that stick on the inside of the wheel.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I remember that the banned lead weights a few years back.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
When I bought the Miata I drove it back from NC,& a couple of
miles from home I noticed something wasn't right.When I stopped
at a traffic light,someone in another car was honking & pointing,so
then I knew there was something wrong.Pulled into a vacant lot,&
saw that the RF tire was flat.
Looked for the jack,but couldn't find it in the trunk

Checked the owner's manual & found out that yes,it was in the trunk

Jacked up the car & noticed that I needed an adapter for the lug nuts

Couldn't find the adapter,so called the guy who sold me the car, who
told me that he didn't give it to me

I then noticed a good-sized hole on the sidewall of the tire

Call AAA for a tow,which arrives about an hour later

Get the Miata home,& wonder if it'll fit on one side of the garage,
next to the Midget

About then,it starts raining

Found out that it WILL fit in the garage

Close garage door,& go into the house for the night

So yes,I can identify with your situation

gonzo

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Sorry to hear abut road hazards in the middle of nowhere. Do you have a full sized spare? That'll be convenient.