• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What is Wrong With People?

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
As someone who spends a lot of time driving late at night, I've gotten used to dodging the periodic drunk driver. I can tell you, what I see during the day with distracted driving, people on their phones, or texting, or reading texts, is every bit as dangerous, if not more dangerous than drunk drivers. I've watched people blow through red lights simply because they weren't paying attention.

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
It's been going on for sometime...this from 1950...Goofy in "Motor Mania"...Kindly Mr. Walker becomes Road Rager Mr. Wheeler when he gets behind the wheel.

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
And then thereโ€™s this, E309D393-9B30-46F3-85EC-9D45B19ADEAB.jpg

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Distracted driving is bad
what amazes me is the amount of people vacationers mostly that end up on the side of the interstate out here with a blown tiredistroyed wheel well and in some cases a fire
ive stopped to help a few and the reason they say is that they ran over something
so I look at the survivor carcass on the other rim and it just that a carcass
what is wrong with people
how do you get in a car with no tread on the tires and go smokin down the interstate on a 100f day at 80 miles an hour
with a license plate from three states away?
these are the bumble heads that scare me the most
our local tire shop is swamped sometimes with huge motor homes getting all new tires dragged in on the hook
all retirees that have driven nothing bigger than a pickup. Piloting these rigs with no training it truly makes no sense
cripโ€™s we need additional training for a motorcycle seriously where is the sense here?

unless thereโ€™s a wreck or a chance you could freeze to death I m not your first responder

Last edited:
Country flag
Reminds of several years ago when a lady backed into the E-type. I was in a parking spot not moving and could see her coming, backing out head down digging for something in her lap. Sat there blowing the horn to try to get her attention, but she didn't look up until she contacted my rear bumpers. When I asked afterwards, her response was that she was in a hurry but really needed to get a cigarette out of her purse so thought she'd do it while backing out. Didn't like it when I suggested that one or the other probably could have waited until the other was done.

Country flag
We get that along the alley that goes to our apartment complex.
People seem to think that it's OK to throw their trash there,even though there's
TWO garbage bins that they can use (for free).
The other day,after driving in & out of here,I decided that I'd had enough,
& put on rubber gloves,& cleaned up the mess.

Also,I've noticed that the idiots who can't/won't return shopping carts to the store
are the worst,when their vehicle gets hit by a loose one.

We were talking about this the other day. You were wise to use gloves as I have heard it's unsafe these days to pick up random trash because of various substances that may be found on the surfaces.

Country flag
We were talking about this the other day. You were wise to use gloves as I have heard it's unsafe these days to pick up random trash because of various substances that may be found on the surfaces.

I see new stories regularly of police handling evidence who have received overdoses from contaminated surfaces.

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
L'enfer, c'est les autres. **** [Hades] is the others. From his play, No Exit. :thirsty: