• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Well, it's official....

lesingepsycho

Jedi Warrior
The Midget is now my primary vehicle. I sold the 1971 F-250 gas hog today which leaves me with only my Midget which isn't even exactly running at the moment. Will be working on it most of the day tomorrow. Monday morning should be interesting but I'm optomistic. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

JACK

healeyboz

Jedi Knight
OREGON?

Looks like a cold, wet drive to work on Monday. Can't think of a better morning..... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
OREGON? With that cut-down windshield....brrrr...I'm flying to Seattle today & not looking forward to the weather there!!

OP
L

lesingepsycho

Jedi Warrior
Yeah, you're telling ME!!

Of course, I'm a native so I'm used to it. But I am looking to switch the doors and windshield now that it will be a daily driver. My thinking is this; I already stripped these doors and fiberglassed over the wing/window channels. I don't want to have to undo that so I'm thinking about getting a second pair of complete doors and then I can have "winter doors" and "summer doors". Same with the windshield. I actually already have a full windshield back on the car although it has cracked glass. It's really not that big of a conversion. 4 windshield bolts and 8 door hinge bolts and you have two completely different cars!!

JACK

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Dual sets of doors/windshield sounds like the plan to me God luck getting everything together for your Monday drive to work.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
There's always cheap rental cars in case it takes a day or two.

- Doug

kcbugeye1275

Jedi Knight
Life is fun if you just let it be,enjoy.

OP
L

lesingepsycho

Jedi Warrior
I let it be fun and it was. I think everything is going to turn out fine. Just got done spending the day putting in a new exhaust donut, new choke cable, and tuning the newly rebuilt carbs. I drove it around the neighborhood and it feels strong. Still leaks oil like crazy but oh well. I even had time left over to put in doors with windows! I might even be dry on the way to work tomorrow!

JACK

RickB

Yoda
Did you guys get the snow down there?

I woke up to 15 inches of the stuff in my back yard from overnight!!

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
We got about a foot of the white stuff here in central MN. Car is under wraps and I can heat the tent iffins I want to work on the beast. Need parts and ambition real bad for the holidays.

OP
L

lesingepsycho

Jedi Warrior
We got a few measely flakes on Saturday but not much to speak of really. Not the way the news stations where talking about it. The wind never materialized either although I guess it really depends where you are. Sounds like all the snow must have went your way and all of the "hurricane force winds" stopped at the coast where they have triple digit winds right now.

For you folks from elsewhere in the nation, that's a major-big deal on the Oregon coast. We're not used to it around these parts. In fact, the "WORLD TALLEST SITKA SPRUCE" just snapped. It was over 200 feet tall and dated back to the time of the Crusades. It is now a 70 foot trunk and a pile of really famous toothpicks.

As for us here in Portland, after all the hype and hub-bub, it's just the usual; non-stop torrent of rain as far as the forecast can see.

But what do I care? I've got windows! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

JACK

texas_bugeye

Jedi Knight
Ah yes life always looks brite and shiny thru the windsheild of a spridget. Even in the rain /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif