• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Want me to leave, eh?

OP
G

I did a little more shaping since that pic, it needed a bit more sadness. The upper part was a bit too happy for me. I'd like it dripping with depression but I don't want to push it too far. It definitely looks better now and like the tree I was after.

OP
G

I predict a fast sale. :encouragement:

I don't, it aint gonna be cheap. :wink: LOTS of work went into it not to mention a lot of me. Too much to discuss here that's for sure. I don't know if a want it hanging around and a and I don't know if I can let it go.

OP
G

This is after shaping but it's also been turned 180 degrees.

This is before, it might be a little too sad.

GregW

Yoda
Country flag
Billy, I think it looks awesome. One thought is to do three more for the other seasons.

OP
G

Billy, I think it looks awesome. One thought is to do three more for the other seasons.

I'd have to do the other seasons cause it'd take me a whole year to do them. :highly_amused:

I fluffed it up a bit so it's now a cross b/w the two.

WillR

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
That is really pretty. I was routing for the concrete, though i now feel you made the better choice.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Billy, That is beautiful work! It is something to be proud of. Because it is of a modern artistic design, do you think a modern type base of clear plastic would be appropriate? The type where it can be poured into a mold with the roots partially embedded, as if growing out of it? Regardless, quite artistic! I like it. :encouragement: PJ

OP
G

That is really pretty. I was routing for the concrete, though i now feel you made the better choice.

I really like the concrete, however; it looks too much like real concrete and given that it's a mixed media show I didn't want someone (the judge) to think I just stuck a piece of concrete under it. I also wanted something a little more elegant for this show and market appeal. Another factor was, if I was going to use that as a base I needed to do it now before it becomes too old. I've always liked the concrete too. The good news is I can always change it out if it doesn't sell like this.

OP
G

Billy, That is beautiful work! It is something to be proud of. Because it is of a modern artistic design, do you think a modern type base of clear plastic would be appropriate? The type where it can be poured into a mold with the roots partially embedded, as if growing out of it? Regardless, quite artistic! I like it. :encouragement: PJ

It's gonna hang. If I was doing a base it would have been the concrete one and like I said, looked too much like real concrete. I could make it look like fake concrete but I didn't see the point not to mention the conversation that would ensue afterwards.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Very, very nice. What are the dimensions. Can you post with an object we all know so we can get an idea of size. I so applaud your talent!

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
I can't edit my posts. Not sure why. Anyway I have an idea as to size by the box to the right and the what I think is trim board on the wall. Anyway got another excuse to say how beautiful and unique it is.

OP
G

Thanks Judy, 3' high, 2' wide at the widest. The trim you see is the board along the wall of the trailer that keeps folks from ramming pallets through the plywood walls.

OP
G

2nd place, I was told the judge swore I dipped real leaves in plastic and didn't believe I actually made them. Apparently they're too good... :smirk:

Thank goodness I didn't go with the fake slab I made.....

WillR

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Well done. The detail was extraordinary work.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Good going Billy.