• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TON 792 wins Goodwood Fordwater Trophy

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Here's a video at the recent Goodwood Revival by Rawles Motorsports that really captures the feel of this event. It should be on everyones's bucket list.

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
It's on my 'bucket list'! In fact I was going to go this year with my brother. I had to pullout of the trip, but he went without me anyway!!

germanmichel

Jedi Hopeful
I totally agree with all previous speakers ,this festival is a must for all historic race fans. The car was running like a burning pig...faster than all the other big boys toys on the track.
I was first time in Goodwood and I had a short discussion with a Gentleman on the car in the Paddock. He opened for me the hood of TON 792. The car should have approx.260hp. Aluminium head, lightweight crankshaft, lightweight flywheel, three HD8 and some other features. See the Pictures : DSC_0259.jpgDSC_0258.jpg

Last edited:

germanmichel

Jedi Hopeful
Some additional mixed goodwood pictures :DSC_0213.jpgDSC_0240.jpgDSC_0255.jpgDSC_0254.jpgDSC_0310.jpgDSC_0160.jpgDSC_0208.jpgDSC_0207.jpgDSC_0166.jpgDSC_0210.jpgDSC_0319.jpgDSC_0184.jpgDSC_0248.jpgDSC_0241.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0256.jpg
    DSC_0256.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 83

germanmichel

Jedi Hopeful
Long trip of the two healeys.....

DSC_0142.jpg

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hi Germanmichael,
I liked the photo of the two Australian registered 100s. These cars belong to my friends Chris & Coleen & Bill & Barbara. They are enjoying an extended tour of Europe. Another member of the group is David & Diane with their 3000 MkIII.

Last edited:

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Thanks for sharing all the eye candy!

andrea

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I see the photos of the TON 792-3 SU engine, it seems that insulation from intake and carbs is make by harwood pieces

OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Nice pics from Sports Car Digest:

Race winning Austin-Healey 100/6

DSC_99651.jpg

Battling for the lead – Austin-Healey 100/6 and Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing

Porsche 356 Speedster, Austin-Healey 100 Coupe and Triumph TR3

Austin-Healey 100/6, Chevrolet Corvette and Ferrari 250 GT Tour de France

Austin-Healey 100 Coupe and Porsche 356 Speedster

https://www.sportscardigest.com/goodwood-revival-2013-fordwater-trophy-photos/

stuntflyr

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I always miss this because during September is held the Reno Air Races and two overlapping races on two continents during the same month is too much, but I simply must go!
That Healey 100 Coupe really looks good.
Chris...

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
I was also at the Goodwood Revival. Here are a few of my photos (click on these thumbnails to enlarge them).

A basic portrait of race car on track. This one happens to be TON 792:

TON 792 - 1.jpg

I used a slow shutter speed to emphasize the car's speed:

Ton 792 - 2.jpg

TON 792 leading the pack through the chicane:

TON 792 - 3.jpg

A set to illustrate the many aspects of the event: celebrities (Jackie Stewart walked right up to where I was standing), racing, air show and a costume party:

Goodwood Revival x 4.jpg

I took over 1,600 photos and could have taken many more. The Goodwood Revival is the photo op of a lifetime. (By the way, these are all copyright free so if anyone is interested in any of them, for any reason, feel free to copy, download, post, share, publish, print.)