• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Time for a new Microwave

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Attachments

• Bosch.jpg
    Bosch.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 26

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Ugh. I am struggling with our Bosch dishwasher today. 15 months old, and the upper arm stopped spinning. Should be an easy valve replace...ha! (Unfortunately my underwhelming brilliance does little to help:smile: )

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Well, got the new microwave installed! (Saved $100 doing it myself).

I will be very surprised if this one comes anywhere near lasting as long as the last on. Still need to rip about 3/4 inches off that bottom trim piece.

IMG_3786.jpg

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Really looks nice in your cabinetry! I like Samsung products, our refrigerator & washer/dryer combo are Samsung. Even have a couple Samsung VCRs, all work very well. :encouragement:

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Really looks nice in your cabinetry! I like Samsung products, our refrigerator & washer/dryer combo are Samsung. Even have a couple Samsung VCRs, all work very well. :encouragement:

To be honest, we were basically looking for certain features and one that we thought looked good. Before I bought it I did a quick internet search to see how others rated it. We liked the streamline look of the front without an obvious handle.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Congrats on the victory!

That looks like a tight fit. Where is the ventilation output?

Hard to see but it's just aft of the door on top (just below of the cabinet doors but aimed outwards). It was configurable for top, rear or front venting. We had to go with front venting since we have no built in duct work. This is how our last MW was set up and it worked fine. When you have the fan on, the air is circulated through a charcoal filter then exits at top-front.