• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Smuggling operation

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
My dad told me this story many years ago.

Every morning precisely at 10am, a guy on a bicycle shows up at the border crossing. Tied to the bike's handlebars was a large sack.

Border officials would always make the guy open the sack so they could check the contents.

For thirty years, the guy did this every morning; officials never found anything in the sack but sand. He'd cross the border, then show up again at 5pm, still on his bicycle, still with the bag full as usual, and cross back to his home country.

On the first day of the 31st year, the guy appears right on schedule, but this time in a brand-new Mercedes Maybach S-class.

Border officials are obviously surprised; they know he'd been smuggling something over the border for the last thirty years.

What was he smuggling?

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Bicycles? :unsure:

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Bicycles it is!

Dad loved that story. Next week I'll try to remember his "Why does that pig have only three legs?" story.

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag

Every morning precisely at 10am, a guy on a bicycle shows up at the border crossing. Tied to the bike's handlebars was a large sack.

Border officials would always make the guy open the sack so they could check the contents.

For thirty years, the guy did this every morning; officials never found anything in the sack but sand. He'd cross the border, then show up again at 5pm, still on his bicycle, still with the bag full as usual, and cross back to his home country.

On the first day of the 31st year, the guy appears right on schedule, but this time in a brand-new Mercedes Maybach S-class.

Border officials are obviously surprised; they know he'd been smuggling something over the border for the last thirty years.

What was he smuggling?
If he is still on his bicycle at 5:00 when he goes home and takes the bike with him... I think he isn't a very good bike smuggler... I thought the idea was that the bike would stay and he would walk back when a different shift was at the guard station.

All this reminds me of my parents smuggling in a huge quantity of medicine, a camera and a pocket calculator for a university colleague in Prague in 1977. Michigan had red white and blue license plate for the bicentennial so our little VW rabbit REALLY stood out at the Austria Czech border. After dad declared that they didn't have anything which would be left the border guards started pulling our car apart searching everything. Fortunately for us they missed either got bored or confused and missed the one suitcase loaded with all the contraband and let us in.

We also got a speeding ticket about 2 km into the country. The police officer claimed we were going 1 km/ hour over the limit - and that he had been told this by radio. He didn't have a radio, but he did have an AK47 so dad paid the few dollar fee on the spot. Guy couldn't even fold his wallet it was so filled.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
or ...

pig.jpg

BobHaskell

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Bicycles? :unsure:
The version of the joke I heard was a construction worker would leave work every day with a wheel barrow full of dirt. Security would check for contraband hidden in the dirt before letting him go home. Stealing wheel barrows.

JHaydon

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
If he is still on his bicycle at 5:00 when he goes home and takes the bike with him... I think he isn't a very good bike smuggler... I thought the idea was that the bike would stay and he would walk back when a different shift was at the guard station.

That had me puzzled as well, until I realized that maybe he rode a brand-new bike every morning and rode back on an old, beat-up bike?

The longer a joke is, the more likely I am to skip an important detail when I tell it. "No, wait, the rabbi is French... did I mention the bar is in Mexico?"

Basil

Administrator
Boss

What was he smuggling?
An oldie but goodie

mezy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
True story, A lady worked at a local booze outlet,
management knew she was on the take but cold not work out how..
Every day her husband would take her a single red rose which she placed in a vase on her desk
and duly took it home with her,
Eventually they discovered it wasn't water in the vase but Gin.