• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Signature photos

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Glad you fixed it Paul. Also it is nice having Linux and not having to deal with Microsleaze. I made the full switch exactly a year ago next week. Wife still has a laptop with Windoze that she won't give up for some reason even after I got her an iMac that she really loves. Every time it gets an update MS breaks something that worked before. OK, I guess that rant was a little off topic but you and Doc started it.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Every time it gets an update MS breaks something that worked before.
I have a pure copy of Win 10 and I haven't had a single thing go haywire on a update (over a year). A lot of the issues I have seen involve poor programming from OEMs like HP or Acer where they have "Value Added" software. I have a couple computers running Linux and have issues with them. Keychain is irritating in that I can't enter a default password or even create one. I have to hit cancel 5 times just to launch a web browser.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Well, Paul, I'm glad you figured it out! I had completely forgotten about those setting (and it is very strange that they got changed on their own). You inspired me to create a brief video in case anyone else has the problem.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'm running Windows 7 on my desktop, no problems but I also have everything and its dog turned off. I also think that 7 might be getting old enough that Microsoft doesn't care about it as much anymore.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
We run W7 on everything, except I have a XP virtual machine on my desktop. A new version of AutoCAD is more expensive than a new PC.

Until last year, I worked for a large utility company. They were running W7 on all employee's (and virtual employee's) laptops. They were in no rush to move to W10, and our machines worked quite well. They, of course, had a large IT department with strict rules.