• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Show Us Your Posters

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Decided to pull out my poster collection & measure them so hopefully
can frame and mount some of them.I need to part with some of them,as they're
no good just stored away & rarely looked at.
Show us yours.
POSTERS 007.JPG
POSTERS 008.JPG
POSTERS 009.JPG
POSTERS 010.JPG
POSTERS 005.JPG
POSTERS 006.JPG
POSTERS 013.JPG

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Original Jaguar 1994 Dealer brochure, ALL models, Folio, 28 Pages, MINT (NOT a Reproduction)
Includes Historical Photos and 'Future' Plans for the XJ220

The #59 Austin Healey Sprite-Airport Racer, is an original print autographed by the photographer.

BTW both are available. PM me if you are interested.

1994BrochureCovr.jpg

Attachments

• XJS Inside.jpg
    XJS Inside.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • XK220.jpg
    XK220.jpg
    763.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 59 Austin Healey Sprite-Airport Racer.jpg
    59 Austin Healey Sprite-Airport Racer.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I bought these when I had my 94 V12 XJS Coupe, One of Only 209 built.
The fasteners were all full size so I could match them to the OEM parts.
Unfortunately, my financial crash caused by the XJS ownership forced me to sell the posters and later the car.

Attachments

• Clevis Pins, Rivits, Ties & Pipe Clips.jpg
    Clevis Pins, Rivits, Ties & Pipe Clips.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • Grommets.jpg
    Grommets.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • Hose Clips.jpg
    Hose Clips.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • mm Bolts & Set Screws.jpg
    mm Bolts & Set Screws.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • Nuts reshot.jpg
    Nuts reshot.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • Self Tapping Screws.jpg
    Self Tapping Screws.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • Spire, Edge & Metal Clips.jpg
    Spire, Edge & Metal Clips.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • UNC Bolts & Set Screws.jpg
    UNC Bolts & Set Screws.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • UNF Bolts & Set Screws.jpg
    UNF Bolts & Set Screws.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • UNC Bolts-Reshoot.jpg
    UNC Bolts-Reshoot.jpg
    820.2 KB · Views: 4

DocDup1

Country flag
Nice collection, it would be great to frame them. Frame shops are very expensive these days, but you can do it yourself if you buy frames from places like Michaels. They won't look as nice as they would if they had really nice frames, but you can see and enjoy them. Your collection is valuable. My wife has an antique store and she goes all out during Car Week here in Monterey. She fills her store wit all things car related, including posters. The posters are always big sellers.

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Nice collection, it would be great to frame them. Frame shops are very expensive these days, but you can do it yourself if you buy frames from places like Michaels. They won't look as nice as they would if they had really nice frames, but you can see and enjoy them. Your collection is valuable. My wife has an antique store and she goes all out during Car Week here in Monterey. She fills her store wit all things car related, including posters. The posters are always big sellers.
That was my plan until I ran out of money and had to sell them.
All I have now are the digital pics you see.

jfarris

Jedi Trainee
Gold
Country flag
Great idea, I like my favorites out where they remind me of fun times.
In the garage is the perfect place!
IMG_6103.jpg

Chronologically, 1980 was a good year - attended the Long Beach F1 race, raced a FF in a support race for Portland Rose Cup Trans Am Challenge, got married, and dropped by the SCCA Runoffs while on my honeymoon (very understanding wife - see next poster).

IMG_6110.jpg

While living in Frankfurt, I did some writing for a local English car mag. My visit to the Frankfurt Auto Show while my wife was in the hospital with our first child may have strained her patience a bit?

IMG_6104.jpg

Another highlight of living in Germany was attending the 24 Hours of LeMans four times. The Germany Region of the Porsche Club of America had an enviable relationship with the factory. In 1983, we had access to the Porsche victory tent after the race. I managed to get the winner's autographs (Vern Schuppan, Al Holbert, and Hurley Haywood) on my Welcome Area Ticket (insert with poster). Hurley signed the poster one day at work several years ago and complained the car number was wrong - #1 won in 1982, he drove #3 in 1983.

IMG_6105.jpg

Not a poster but a print on canvas. I got to be a lead driver for a Porsche Travel Experience event in California in 2018. Lead/follow from LA to Napa Valley and then do it again in reverse with another group. In between groups, we went around San Francisco taking pictures. We're on Lombard St, I'm in the gray Targa, the fourth car back.

IMG_6107.jpg

Finally, my obligatory British poster. On a lark, I entered the Virtual Monterey Kickoff Cruise-in sponsored by Classic Motorsports Magazine. I won with an early morning picture of my TR3 parked on "Cannery Row."
I'm not sure why the following picture will not load like the previous ones?

View attachment best in show poster 16x20.jpg

Attachments

• best in show poster 16x20.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 12
OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That's interesting - I raced at the '80 Rose cup races in SSC in a Fiesta.
Have a couple of those cool silk screened trophies from '82 (Regional/National).

jfarris

Jedi Trainee
Gold
Country flag
Doug - what a small world. Was your Fiesta white, maybe number 18 or 25? I didn't race that much with SCCA in OR or WA, but a little in CA. I raced mostly with the International Conference of Sports Car Clubs. I couldn't find a picture from the 1980 Trans Am. I knew I was moving in 1981, so I sold my FF and raced a production Capri with my mentor Bob McDaniels, he and his son helped me with racing and we autocrossed all of his British cars (two Lotus Elans and a Forsgrini FF). The Capri is below (before the pits were moved inside the track and no chicane at the end of the front straight) and Mike's Lotus Cortina is at the bottom, you might recognize it, what a beautiful and fast car (I think that pic was just past the hairpin at Westwood)..

6 Conference Portland 1.jpg

9 Conference Mike McDaniel.jpg

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My Fiesta was bright Yellow - #8/81/88 depending on Regional/National.
I stopped by Bob's place (near Sea/Tac) & saw his cars in the early '80's.
Give me a call sometime - I'll PM you my phone number.

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I like your "World's Fastest Indian" poster.The movie was great,but changed
a few things from facts.The first place he visited in the US was Eureka,CA,where
we used to live.
I talked to a few people who met him then.One guy told me that they needed
to protect a waitress at a local restaurant from him.
Another story I heard was that when he was at a guy's shop,he kept staring at a
container of used nuts & bolts.After a short time,the guy asked him if he wanted them.
Was told that his face lit up & he said "Yes".
Too bad that there's not people like him around anymore.

Low'n slow

Bronze
Country flag
I talked to a few people who met him then. One guy told me that they needed
to protect a waitress at a local restaurant from him.

"Dirty old men need love too."