• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Scored a new [for me] Drivetrain!

creepingfur

In my quest to improve my '74 Elite, I scored an <span style="font-weight: bold">entire</span> drivetrain out of a Lotus Excel SE (the 180hp one) with 65k miles on it to swap into it!

It's the whole thing - 912 Engine with SE (10.9:1) pistons, 107 cams, Headers, Waterpump, Alternator, Delloroto 45mm carbs, K&N Filters, Magnacore wires, Toyota Gearbox & Bellhousing, Radiator, mounts - the whole thing for $2200, which includes shipping from the UK to boot, which is a pretty [censored] good deal. I've attached pictures.

Oddly, I got it from RPi (who I buy the occasional Range Rover part from). I guess are putting a rover V8 in someones excel, and pretty much where just dumping the engine.

I'm pretty excited - with hotter cams this will get me a reliable 200hp crank and gearbox that can handle it. It ships from the UK tuesday....

After I swap it in, if anyone needs 907 parts - let me know. The will be there for the taking.

Attachments

• 10539.jpg
    10539.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 10540.jpg
    10540.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 108

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Wow! Niiiice!