• NOTICE: This "Forum Navigation Questions" forum is only for asking questions related to navigating this web site. DO NOT post car-related questions here., For car-related questions, use the appropriate marque-related forum.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Saved replied

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Hi all,

When writing a lengthy reply to a thread, it is auto-saved.

Where can I find the auto-saved content?

Thanks!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Mike - Not sure about the details, but if I start a reply to a BCF post, then leave the text there without hitting "Post reply" and then leave BCF and go to another website, when I return the text I put in my reply is still there, even tho' I never "posted" it.

OP
Popeye

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Thanks Tom. Unfortunately, not for me. Might because Iโ€™m using an iPhone?

Oh well.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Iโ€™m trying a reply on the iphone. That first sentence was saved, then I left and came back and it was still there. Iโ€™m on an iPhone.
Try this: start a reply, then click the three vertical dots in the upper right of the editor the tap the little floppy disk icon to save. Leave the forum and then come back.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
PS: I don't know if this applies to your situation, but the options for the saving posts is set to "auto save" every 45 seconds. The saved text should be available for up to 48 hours. If you wait longer the saved text will be lost. Like I said, not sure if it applies to your situation or not.

OP
Popeye

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Thanks, Basil. Unfortunately my unposted post seems to be lost. No worries; other than because I donโ€™t have access to a โ€œpublicโ€ pc where I can post to BCF, I need to find a quiet place to dictate lengthy posts to my phone :smile:. (Specifically my build thread.)

Appreciate you hosting this forum!!