• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Overheard while running this morning

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My Wife overheard me talking to an old friend,when I told him I'm
looking for another motorcycle.She "disagreed" with me on that matter.
I've since decided that I really shouldn't get one,as A - I haven't
ridden in about 30 years,& B- The biggest danger is not me,but all of those
really bad drivers we have around here.
And C - Sleeping on the sofa.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I had 4 motorcycles at various times. The last one was a Honda CB-1 400 cc and amazingly fast. When I dropped it on the driveway and had to have my daughter help me pick it up, I know my two-wheel days were over. My son has some crazy thing with 2 front wheels that lean when you go around a corner. I've never seen it. I don't know what's more dangerous - that thing he has now or his last activity - paragliding.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"Remember when sex was safe and skydiving was dangerous"...

My last bike was a Suzuki four-jug 500 water cooled ride, Herself made me promise that was the last bike. That was in 1978.

Been on a few "toy" bikes since then, but promised Doc don't ride two wheels again.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Impact from a skiing fall is included... I'm not happy over it, either. :mad:
What about pouring a bunch of Basil's "Lemi Shine" in the water before skiing?

Country flag
A few years ago I was hoeing about a half acre of Indian corn (1830s Old Sturbridge Village). A family comes to the fence, and the mother says "You look like you should be retired! Why do you work so hard, out in the hot sun?"

I smile and say "It keeps me strong and good looking".

Daughter, about ten, says "But it's not working."

sigh

LoL :D If that had happened to me, I would have stopped and bought them all a lemonade or an ice-cream for making me laugh!

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I never had much of a father figure to guide me left home at 19 to Alaska. Two thing to pass on; A It is easier to get out of a fight than in to one! B learn one new thing each day that is why I read this site. Madflyer

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I never had much of a father figure to guide me left home at 19 to Alaska. Two thing to pass on; A It is easier to get out of a fight than in to one! B learn one new thing each day that is why I read this site. Madflyer

I had a lovely friend (40 years older) named Harold Martin - one of his favourite quotes "It's a poor set of legs that can't walk you away from trouble."