• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

T-Series Out of my clutches

IslandMG

Freshman Member
Hello, everyone. Can anyone help me?

It used to be that I had to pump the clutch of my 67 mgb mk 1 several times before each shift. I removed the master cylinder and replaced the seals and washers therein. THe seals were badly worn. However, for some reason, I cannot bleed the clutch now. Here's what happens:

When I pump the clutch, it doesn't suck any fluid. I know the master cylinder works properly because when I disconnect it from the line and pump, theres nothing one can do to stop the flow from it. I know it's not the line because also upon disconnecting it, it's very easy to blow air through it. Is it the fact that the fluid is first pumped upwards before descending to the slave that keeps the fluid from advancing through the line. I've been working on this for waht seems like 8 hours and I am running out of ideas.

Whenever the clutch is pumped air comes out of the end(slave) but yet the fluid line in the cylinder does not recede. As stated, once separated from the metal line, however, and pumped, the fluid recedes rapidly. Anyone?

Nearly hopeless,

Joey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hi Joey -

Try using positive pressure to force fluid through the system, esp if the system seems to suck the fluid back. There are a few ways of forcing fluid through the mastercylinder. One is to buy an EZ Bleed unit ($50 but you have to wait for delivery!). Another is to build your own. There's a great step-by-step procedure outlined on the ezbleed link at:

https://www.mgcars.org.uk/cambs.mgoc/tips.htm

Just my two cents ...

Tom