• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

OK, I Admit: I'm a Wimp

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Wanted to change the front springs on the GT today, but it is just too hot out there! Even in the garage with a fan, had to give up. Hopefully, will have some time in the early morning one day this week before it gets too toasty.

ralph_s

Jedi Trainee
At least you went to the garage. We were 102 yesterday and I didn't even go to my garage...hope my LBC's didn't melt!!!! I hate when they overheat when the're not running......lol

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Well, we had some clouds come through - rain went south of us, but we managed to drop down to 92. Got one spring pulled, but I'm done for the day.

Watching W.C. Fields instead.

Blackjokr

Jedi Warrior
W.C> Fields...NICE!

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Nothing wimpy about staying out of the heat. We at least got a bit of much needed rain this weekend, so things have cooled off a bit.

Another advantage of living up in the mountains is that it rarely goes above 90 here. Down in the Salt Lake Valley it's been pretty miserable -- so I just don't go down there.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Hot here too.
I spent yesterday loading the trailer and van with spares/tools for our 10 day Pittsburgh event.
I can ususally load pretty quick, but not in this heat.
About every 30 minutes, I'd go inside and sit /drink water, to build myself up for another shot in the heat.
The only thing left is to load the race car on the trailer. Hope it's cooler this week.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Got both springs replaced, and the car sits a bit higher. Glad that's behind me! Not a hard job at all, but quarters are cramped, and the heat compounded the problem.

Next up is setting toe-in and making sure the steering rack is aligned properly.

Then it's time to make some longer drives to check everything out. Gettin' closer...