• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Thread - Oh Yeah I love that song.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
OK here goes with another thread. This is for songs you had completely forgotten about. The songs that when you hear them you think to yourself, 'Oh yeah I love that song!'

Some simple rules.

1. You have to have actually heard it -radio, sirius, sound track, all is fine but NO just racking your brains to list a song you haven't heard ina while. (Obviously recking your brains to remember the title or band of the song you just heard is totally acceptable.

2. Video is vastly preferred.

3. If there is a (printable :ROFLMAO: ) story that goes with it so much the better.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
#1. Heard this this morning - has been decades and I just love it. No story attached but there is a smoothness and subtlety that isn't always there in other Tull tunes.

ckeithjordan

Jedi Trainee
Silver
Country flag
I got to thinking the other day about Dr. Demento (Barry Hansen) who did much to warp my teenage self in the early 1970s in California. That let me to this song, by Felix Figueroa and his Orchestra: “Pico and Sepulveda”. Start the Conga line!

gonzo

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Agreed! Dr. Demento shaped many a young mind and in the best ways! Reflecting on Pico and Sepulveda. What fun! Thanks for that.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
We have Sirius Satallite radio and listen to the Margaritaville station a lot.

This has got to be one of the most evocative songs on the planet and I love it so much.

and for Doc. don't love it quite as much as the original but still an amazing version

ckeithjordan

Jedi Trainee
Silver
Country flag
Here's another one:

Classical Gas by Mason Williams, who, in addition to his nice guitar playing, was a writer on the old Smothers Brothers Show, writing some of the scripts that got them into trouble. In the early 1970s, I saw him play at the Golden Bear, a club in Huntington Beach in the LA area. He was so good! (Bonus points if you remember the fold-out full size poster of the Greyhound bus, included in the album.)

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
MW bus.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
This has got to be one of the most evocative songs on the planet and I love it so much.
Must agree. The whole 1977 "CSN" album playlist is that way for me. If I could have just one year back, it'd be that one.

And even Jimmy couldn't do that song justice.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
So today's is a threefer. This showed up on my feed today. Not an oldy but I think musically and lyrically it is very clever.

But as much as I like the original I think Walk off the Earth's video is just fun

But wait there's more - this one appeared (Tom should love it as it is contemporary music :D) Really though, how much fun is this?!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I should have known that if anyone was going to bring in music featuring a hurdy gurdy it'd be Tom.

Beautiful singing.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Another twofer. We went out for dinner last night and over the course of the drive these both came up.

and