• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My BE on google!!

bugimike

Yoda
Have any of you googled your own address and then zoomed in to the street-level view (apparently not available everywhere, but is for our area!)? I just discovered this at work, and there is my BE up on blocks sitting in front of my house! Want to see it? Google 4948 Windward Ave. Jupiter, Fl. and zoom in! While you are at it, it is so neat that you can virtually walk around the neighborhood by using the direction arrow and clicking on the arrows on the street! :laugh: (The pictures seem to have been taken about two Christmas' ago!)

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I peaked, nice place.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
A famous little car!

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I live in a gated community, overhead shots only. Woops, my place has the freezer on the street awaiting pickup.

237 Windward Cove N.
Niceville, FL 32578

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Pretty cool. :thumbsup:

Just to be clear to everyone, Mike isn't using regular Google: he's using ~Google Earth~ , which is a free download (and excellent, in my opinion).

My house in NJ is coverd in trees and not really viewable, but here is an interesting one: If you put...

13 O'Loughlin Rd, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny, Ireland

...into Google Earth you will see where I used to live in Ireland. It's hard to see the actual house (it's still there...relatives still live in it), but you can clearly see Nowlan Park, a hurling stadium across the street. I used to play in that park and watch games as a kid. Kilkenny is still famous (at least in Ireland) for their hurling team.

By the way, Google also offers ~Google Sketchup~ , which is an excellent CAD/drawing program that I use sometimes.
The reason I'm mentioning it is because it uses the same viewer software as Google Earth, so you can move stuff around (in 3D) similar to Google Earth.

Related note: I flew over my school onetime and took a picture of the parking lots. It was a late Friday afternoon and one of the only cars in the lots belonged to the president of our college. I gave him a picture of it later on...he's a good guy and saw the humour in it.