• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wedge Miata Seat installed in a TR7V8

philman

Jedi Knight
I put this seat in my DHC. It sits a little higher in the cockpit and it slides forward more for shorter legs. The seat is firmer and narrower than the original, but the back has more adjustment. It feels like I have more leverage on the steering wheel, that may because I'm sitting higher.

[img:center]https://www.flickr.com/photos/46507119@N07/4664851128/?rotated=1&cb=1275521296364[/img] miata seat in a TR7V8 DHC

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
4664851128_08d1c240ea.jpg

You sit higher!!!??? My hair is already above the windscreen.

BobbyD

Jedi Knight
The TR6 guys say the same thing but I think it's because they going from broken down TR6 seats with crummy foam and busted diaphragms to Miata seats with good foam. I replaced my real good rebuilt TR6 seats with Miata seats and I feel as if I'm at the same height or even a bit lower.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Bobby , my seats are broken down and I am still above the windscreen. I don't think I can wear a hat in the wedge

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
Looks like a pretty good fit. I was thinking about using a set of those with tan seat covers in my green car. They can be had at a good price from the guys building Miata race cars, and new covers are available on ebay. Any chance you have a decent blue check seat cover left over from the swap you want to sell? The drivers seat in my wife's 8 is starting to rip.

OP
philman

philman

Jedi Knight
I used some adapter brackets for TR6's I got from Sean Alexander, flipped it over and mounted the bracket to the inside rail. The belt attachment took some thought. I bored out the Triumph receiver to fit the Mazda bolt, 14mm I think(?). For the lap belt end I used a metric carburetor stud bolt and replaced one of the bolts that fasten the seat to the seat rail. When I do the second seat I can upload another image. I tried it in my FHC and DHC and it had the same effect on seating.

I'm 5'10" so I can sit a little higher, the problem I was having was seeing the traffic light at one of the places I stop at if I'm first in line. I went to the Mazda seats because my driver's seat (it's velour) was starting to come apart and the wife complained it wouldn't go far enough forward for her to reach the pedals comfortably.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
My TR6 original seats were re-padded two years ago. I will NEVER put them back in the car. The Miata seats are the next best thing to the aluminum flywheel. There, I said it and that ought to start another round of controversy.

BobbyD

Jedi Knight
Brosky said:
My TR6 original seats were re-padded two years ago. I will NEVER put them back in the car. The Miata seats are the next best thing to the aluminum flywheel. There, I said it and that ought to start another round of controversy.

OMG...............and you're the original owner........or married into the original owner...........and your car is mostly stock.....so......welcome to my world! LOL

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Mostly stock is a nice way of putting it Bobby!!