• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGA MGA Coupe on ebay

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...:MEBI:IT&ih=012

Right now I'm the high bidder & have a ways to go before my max bid is met...however, I'll be locked in the simulation center tomorrow night when it goes off - somebody will probably snipe me!

My MGA roadster is also a '59 & was originally OEW...if I get this one, I'll have a matched set!

David Terhune

Good luck Tony... I know how you have lusted for a Coupe!

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Oh gosh, what a playmate for Miss Agatha.

But at least we can go and visit.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
No, there's still some play - & I think I'm at the max where my hidden high is....its not as nice as it looks in the photos.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Sure looks good in the photos.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Not bad with only a few hours left. Have you seen it in person? 85% rust free might mean half rusted.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Looks like this one will not be going to Alabama.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Did it end?

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Yeah, I went to bed around 8:30 this morning - when I just awoke I saw it went for $6100...too high in my opinion....it was a good platform but had some issues that caused me not to want to go over $5000.....oh well, there's others out there.

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Uh-Oh....I bought the MGA Coupe....if I had known I was stepping on someone from the forum I'd have backed off...I've been looking for one for years...so I bid. Sorry.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Well I guess congrats are in order then.

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
No problem - I posted here so everyone would know I was after it just as I always do since ebay changed the way they list who's bidding - you probably just didn't see my posting...you must be "killerweinerdog"!

I wouldn't have gone over $5,000 anyway because I think it has rust problems in the passenger side inner fender (he honestly said there was rust) & frame rails on that side so that's all its worth to me....plus at the last moment a brand new ebay accunt that was opened within the last 30 days placed a bid (its first bid ever)...to me, that's somebody running the price up....I don't play that game!

You might want to look that car over very closely before you complete the transaction - its a good, complete car that's been sitting in storage for a long time but it'll require a frame-off (& somebody somewhere in its history has already done some repairs on it)! And the guy honestly doesn't know much about LBC's - it appears that he's a hobby dealer & its just another car to him.

(Oh, have you had a chance to take a photo of the MGC GT bodyshell yet?)

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Just got back today....Monday...from an old Squadron reunion in Tucson. Drove the Mustang GT vert that I bought for my wife. Anyhow...Its being picked up this wed. by my sister and her husband, they live about 90 miles from where the car is. Guy selling its a bloke...knows British cars, can idenify them 8 out of 10 times:smile:. My sister is a British car buff for her entire adult life, currently drives a Midget I gave her for Christmas three years ago. Anyhow...she has the balance I wired her and I talked to Mark today, sounds straight up. I already have a corner of the shop laid out for it, overhead hoist is ready. Will call the soda blaster guy tomorrow and get the show on the road. Biggest decision is whether I'm driving down and trailering it back or have a shipper do it. AND...the CGT body is in the process of being stripped....had to stop for the reunion.

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I also forgot to add that an old buddy back east has an extra twin cam engine...complete and has no plans for it. I have to make a trip back there before the weather gets bad so may make room for it in the truck or trailer. Sure would make the coupe interesting.

Attachments

• 8037.jpg
    8037.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 66

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
My sister called at 11am today and said the car was picked up in Kissimee and they have it at home in Okeechobee. She said its very nice...minor rust..surface flaky stuff on frame and front bumper has light rust..pits etc. Drivers door dosen't latch every time and E brake is stiff. They're working on those issues while I call the shipper and get thing set up for a mid week pick up. New radiator is on the way and have called a shop in albuquerque to see what they have on hand. I was also told all glass, interior, lites etc. are in great shape. Engine is free and is complete. I'm breathing easier now.