• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MG Supercar

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
Nice article at:

https://car.kak.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=news&file=article&sid=505

kind looks like a Mustang on steriods eh?

mg_xpower_sv02s.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I seldom have occassion to use this one:

pukeface.gif

(It looks a lot like the new Nissan Z car, but riced out to the extreme).

[ 10-25-2002: Message edited by: Basil ]</p>

A

aerog

Yeah but it's kind of neat to see what a firehose turned on the pavement and a box of dry-ice will do for a photo shoot
smile.gif

William

Darth Vader
I think the general outline and proportions are just fine. The detailing (the big tack-on fender flares-which are only cool if they are held on with exposed rivets, like a Porsche 911 GT3-the wing, that awful vent like thing just aft of the front wheels) needs work.
-Wm.

RHWins

I think car stylists should put away their computer cad programs, and put a pencil to paper.

These "alien" style cars look like they all came from the same nightmare.

catfood

Jedi Knight
If you think this is bad, see what it looked like before they gave it a facelift. Apparently the reception it received on it's original unveiling was so bad they started again!

MG X80

OP
78Z

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by catfood:
If you think this is bad, see what it looked like before they gave it a facelift. Apparently the reception it received on it's original unveiling was so bad they started again!

MG X80
<hr></blockquote>

I don't mind that one actually. Much better than the new one. Based on the Qvale Mangusta ( sp? )

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Awesome...the only problem I see...how do I get my body into one of these...haven't the British figured it out yet...we humans are growing taller every year...I have the same problem on a plane...how do I get a 6'2" frame into a seat built for someone 135 lbs and around 5'5"...it just doesn't work...
hammer.gif

LBC's...needs to have LBMLR...a little bit more leg room...
thumbsup.gif

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Chysler's bad-boy Boss, Bob Lutz, is famous for demanding cars that at least polarize the public one way or the other.....I guess *that* was the goal with this car. I kinda like it from some angles....but it's sort of busy and derivative from other angles....an Audi TT with too much froo-frah (I hope it doesn't *weight* as much as a TT...word is "TT" stand for "two-ton" and *not* "Tourist Trophy").

The dry-ice background set is neat...even my StepVan would look good in this photo-shoot.

But....uh....it's a tin-top. I'll take an MGF roadster instead, please.

Bret

Yoda
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lurker:
combination of the worst qualities of a mustang and a nissan frontier. almost as ugly as an avalanche
nonod.gif
<hr></blockquote>

If ever there was a need for some sort of Birth Control in the automotive design world - this would surly be the poster child.

pukeface.gif

Gary Lloyd

Jedi Knight
Come on you guys!! It is a new century!!!
wink.gif
It isn't going back to hand made Healeys and MGB's!!! So, make the best of whatcha' got!!
thumbsup.gif