• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I hope to be in Wyoming

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
He can't be cirrus.

:winner1: Of course I do think at a different stratus than many. : grin: Incidently looking at the title of this, do you think that in the whole history of the world that this is the first time anyone said, "I hope to be in Wyoming." :devilgrin:

"All things considered I'd rather be in Philidephia."

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Great W. C. Fields quite JP!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Had very little cloud interference here, too low a latitude to see totality so the sunlight just looked a bit less intense. Kinda "warmer" in color, too. Didn't have anything for direct viewing so made a pinhole in some card stock and "projected" the image onto a gray-card. Could see the slice the moon took out of it at the time Mickey was seeing the corona. I guess I coulda used Mitsy's welding hood but by the time I thought of it, it was too late. Great pix from you guys, so I got to "see" it anyway. :applause:

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It cleared 12 minutes before totality.
Stayed fairly clear after that.
The darkness was cool.
Not so sure about the bugs and birds sleeping as I had a couple of seagulls and sand pipers by me

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Everywhere was out of viewing glasses when I got around to getting a pair so I went to a Big Box store and got a welding shield replacement glass. Worked great.

David

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Had perfect place on 10,000 acre private ranch. We were by ourselves behind a big red barn for the eclipse. Got lots of great pictures which I will post when I get home (In Cheyenne visiting sister).

Tom, weather was absolutely perfect!

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Interesting effect on my solar production.
After you can see the cloudy cover dampen it too
Eclipse Production.jpg