• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Holocaust Remembrance Day

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Paul - bravo to you for remembering the day.

640px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-134-0791-29A,_Polen,_Ghetto_Warschau,_Ghettomauer.jpg

The Warsaw Ghetto. Photo from Germany's Bundesarchiv.

One of the most important things my Dad, who fought in the Battle of the Bulge, ever did for us kids was to take us on a "vacation" when we lived in Germany; a trip that included Dachau, Anne Frank's house in Amsterdam, and the American cemetery in Luxembourg (Where Patton is buried). And RE JP's article - the rise in anti-semitism is disturbing.

[h=3] β€œFor evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.”[/h]Simon Wiesenthal

We remember. Now what are we doing to remind others in our daily lives?

My Dad did a BIG thing to pass on the idea of "never forget" to his kids when he took us to visit Dachau and Anne Frank's house. When the Anne Frank traveling museum came through here, we took our kids and talked to them about it. I would like to tell you other things but it would get political and I don't want to violate my own rules. Nuff said.

The Exodus, I have a video of this event but choose not to show it because of possible political overtones. PJ

View attachment 57284

Back