• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

HMC Mk4 SE

OP
P

Pashers

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi I’m the owner of a 1997 HMC ‘Healey’ Mk 4 . Trying to establish what Ford differential it was fitted with? Any knowledge gratefully accepted.

Attachments

• 67889883022__5B16BDCE-4763-4B2E-BCB8-71D6A39E5E18.fullsizerender.jpeg
    67889883022__5B16BDCE-4763-4B2E-BCB8-71D6A39E5E18.fullsizerender.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 49
OP
P

Pashers

Freshman Member
Country flag
From this, it appears it may be Ford Scorpio: > New cars: Healey 3000 replicas <. At least it will give you somewhere to start.From this, it appears it may be Ford Scorpio: > New cars: Healey 3000 replicas <. At least it will give you somewhere to start.
From this, it appears it may be Ford Scorpio: > New cars: Healey 3000 replicas <. At least it will give you somewhere to start.
Hi Rick,
Spot on! I spent some time looking at pics yesterday and the great read that your comprehensive diary is led me to speak with a retired local Ford mechanic last night and I shared your info. Have now established that the differential and half shafts were designed for the 1995 Ford Scorpio GGR 24v 2.9 litre. I'll be ordering the pars today . A huge thank you to you (y):D

OP
P

Pashers

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi Rick,
Spot on! I spent some time looking at pics yesterday and the great read that your comprehensive diary is led me to speak with a retired local Ford mechanic last night and I shared your info. Have now established that the differential and half shafts were designed for the 1995 Ford Scorpio GGR 24v 2.9 litre. I'll be ordering the pars today . A huge thank you to you (y):D
.......and Rick the link to the May 1989 Motorsport article was so useful. Many thanks 🙏🙏