• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

HI, Great to be here

MgMidgetMan60

Freshman Member
13 minutes ago
Hi Basil, Hi All,

My Name Is Dave, based in Scotland last 20 odd years.
Now 60 years old, i decided around a year ago to get a classic car & we ended up buying (Sid)

Sid, is a 1977 Mg Midget 1500cc, he's bumperless too (I like the look), Original condition, body work in fab condition (No holes or rust anywhere!) Paintwork is a cream white (he was originally a Burgundy red colour). Paintwork is looking a bit tired here and there, but ads to its age. When we purchased him, he needed some tlc so for the last 7 months i have been working hard replacing worn bits and bobs etc (Getting to know your car! Lol). As it was the MG 100th Birthday Celebration, I have added hints of Gold here and there (Some still to do- Brake calipers and drums to paint gold) Gold badge on Grill now, some Gold-ish colour furr to add at the back and top of dash. Have leathered the dash outer area only to match the car colour. Also added a bulbous Gear stick surround (As in the 1275 cc car- I like the look of it) (They said it couldn't be done! I did it!!!!). Recently i managed to get an original factory Hard top too! Needs cleaning up and repainting etc. Just fitted some 1970's funky looking speakers and a 1970's Phillips radio cassette is on it's way after being repaired and serviced to complete the look. There have been a few problems to sort out mostly electrical! Last prob i'm having is my flashers not working then working then not working AHHHH. Been advised to buy a new hazard switch, so will try that. Sid is booked into 4 shows up here in Scotland this year. If your wondering why he's called (Sid), that's because we sold our memorabilia collection on the 1940's UK Comedian Sid Field, We bought the car with the sale of that, so only fitting he be called (Sid), Thanks Sid X
Great to join here.
Regards, Dave

Attachments

• IMG_8023.JPG
    IMG_8023.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8000.JPG
    IMG_8000.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7995.JPG
    IMG_7995.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8026.JPG
    IMG_8026.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8113.JPG
    IMG_8113.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8115.JPG
    IMG_8115.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 9

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Great car Dave! welcome, I love the mods, it really looks the part. I am also delighted that you managed to snap a pic with the top off for the 20 minutes per year you don't have rain. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, glad you are here come over to the Spridget forum and don't be a stranger.

OP
M

MgMidgetMan60

Freshman Member
Great car Dave! welcome, I love the mods, it really looks the part. I am also delighted that you managed to snap a pic with the top off for the 20 minutes per year you don't have rain. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, glad you are here come over to the Spridget forum and don't be a stranger.
Hi,
Thanks for the comments! Glad you like it. Will pop over!
Regards, Dave.:cool:

Mikie808

Freshman Member
13 minutes ago
Hi Basil, Hi All,

My Name Is Dave, based in Scotland last 20 odd years.
Now 60 years old, i decided around a year ago to get a classic car & we ended up buying (Sid)

Sid, is a 1977 Mg Midget 1500cc, he's bumperless too (I like the look), Original condition, body work in fab condition (No holes or rust anywhere!) Paintwork is a cream white (he was originally a Burgundy red colour). Paintwork is looking a bit tired here and there, but ads to its age. When we purchased him, he needed some tlc so for the last 7 months i have been working hard replacing worn bits and bobs etc (Getting to know your car! Lol). As it was the MG 100th Birthday Celebration, I have added hints of Gold here and there (Some still to do- Brake calipers and drums to paint gold) Gold badge on Grill now, some Gold-ish colour furr to add at the back and top of dash. Have leathered the dash outer area only to match the car colour. Also added a bulbous Gear stick surround (As in the 1275 cc car- I like the look of it) (They said it couldn't be done! I did it!!!!). Recently i managed to get an original factory Hard top too! Needs cleaning up and repainting etc. Just fitted some 1970's funky looking speakers and a 1970's Phillips radio cassette is on it's way after being repaired and serviced to complete the look. There have been a few problems to sort out mostly electrical! Last prob i'm having is my flashers not working then working then not working AHHHH. Been advised to buy a new hazard switch, so will try that. Sid is booked into 4 shows up here in Scotland this year. If your wondering why he's called (Sid), that's because we sold our memorabilia collection on the 1940's UK Comedian Sid Field, We bought the car with the sale of that, so only fitting he be called (Sid), Thanks Sid X
Great to join here.
Regards, Dave
Nice photos! Sid looks like a great member of the family!