• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hi from Las Vegas

LV_Stag

Freshman Member
Country flag
I am looking forward to posting on the BCF. It appears to be a helpful group with a lot of experience and insight to the magical world of British engineering. As I have wandered through life I have found a fascination with British cars. Why the fascination, being born and raised in Detroit, currently live in Las Vegas, I cannot explain it. My interest in LBC did not always go over well ad many of my neighbors were engineers and designers for the Big 3 who were only excited if you could talk about 400 cu.in. or more. Over the years I have acquired, sold and experimented with many marques; A-H Sprite, Sunbeam Alpine, the obligatory MGB, Lotus Esprit, and currently Lotus Elise and Triumph Stag (my second). The efficiency of Lotus is something I could always relate to. The Elise is the fun car that seems to never break, just maintenance and it keeps on going. The '73 Stag, a new acquisition, is the car to work on. It arrived about a month ago from the Philadelphia area. Checked all of the fluids, and took it out. Cold start – immediate. Warm/hot start – not so much, almost never. Say goodbye to the Strombergs and hello to the Weber. I’m sure I will be posting a bit on the Stag. I am a member of the British Car Club of Las Vegas, and editor of the club's newsletter the SPANNER.

Time to do a little exploring of the BCF to see just what is out there in this “virtual” multi-marque car club.
IMG_1688.jpg

OP
L

LV_Stag

Freshman Member
Country flag
I don't know how, but a '98 Jaguar XK8 needed to be added to the list. How I forgot the many, many hours spent under that car escapes me, maybe for reason? Great car to ride in, okay to drive but the engineering was bewildering. Changing the starter, fixing the shifter linkage, replacing the right-side headlight, or replacing a transmission cooler hose became crazy tasks. Luckly, I sold it before taking the infamous "green shower", and having to fix a few other of the "more challenging" tasks.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome - and great looking car! The more I see Stags the more I like them

Basil

Administrator
Boss
That Stag is beautiful! Welcome to the BCF! (My son used to live in Vegas when he was stationed at Creech. Had apartment on Dean Martin drive right on the strip, across from the Bellagio).