• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Henry [Harry] George Webster - [1917-2007]

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Greetings all Triumph Enthusiasts,

It deeply saddens me to write this, but
Harry Webster, Triumph Engineering Director during the development of the Triumph Stag and many other Triumphs, died on 6 February 2007 at age 90.
Click UK Telegraph Article

I can proudly say I had the unique opportunity of meeting Harry and his wife in 1998 at the 75th Anniversary of Standard Triumph Gala Dinner held at the Brithsh Motor Industry Heritage Trust Museum in Gaydon, Warwickshire, Great Britain along with Tony Pond and several other Triumph greats.

This is indeed a sad day.

Rest In Peace Harry. Your "only doing my job" brought us all a whole lot of happiness.

Glenn "da Prez" Merrell

NickMorgan

Jedi Knight
It is very sad that the characters who were instrumental in the production of so many fine vehicles (of all makes) are now at the age where many of them have passed on. There will never be a time again when such enthusiastic individuals will be able to influence the production of such cars and a competition programme which allowed them to be raced and rallied in relatively unmodified form.
It's down to us now to keep our cars on the road in their memory.

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Graham Robson gave a brief dedication to Harry at Stoneleigh today, followed by a minute of silence. The crowd was so big people really didn't stop as much as they should and still continued to barter over parts. While I thought that was sad, in a way it was still a tribute to his impact - the Triumphs are very much still alive today because of him.

Randy

YankeeTR

Luke Skywalker
It appears that Harry Webster's leagacy will live on for a long time...

Rest In Peace.