• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Headstone for a friend

mctriumph

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Back in 2010 a very dear old friend of mine passed away. He and I had worked long and hard to
restore his 55 Tr2 that he had driven since 73. The Tr2 motor had gone sour and a tr3 engine had been
installed (lots of beer that day) it lasted into the 80's.
After the restoration all was done, the Tr3 motor sat under the bench, forlorn and abandoned, the Tr2
motor restored to its original glory along with the car, done to 390 Points concourse.
I recently stripped down this old lump and after cleaning, it was declared dead,cracked in a bunch of places.
So I called my friend's little brother to see if the tiny cemetery he is buried in would allow an unorthodox
headstone, since he has yet to get one at all.
This mad idea may yet bear fruit, he will get permission if he can, and let me know. I have it designed in my
mind and It will be cool. We may video the ceremony , it will be along road trip to get there. But worth it
for an old friend who is still missed.
Mad dog

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I did something similar for a friend of mine who passed away last month.

He was 100, a WW2 vet, actually in Berlin as the Reich fell, and was Patton's guide and driver. He liked the old fashioned apples I grow in my orchard.

So I planted a young apple tree- his favorite type: a "Priestley" at the head of his grave.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 7.10.07 AM.jpg