• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Craigslist weirdness

D

Deleted member 8987

"any my backup was a 1911."

One of the best types of backup. What caliber do you carry?

.45ACP in bigger towns and on excursions like CL.
Locally .380.
My 1911 is Colt, NOT an A1, WWI vintage. Ramped, semi-accurized, quasi Pacmeyer grips..Glasers top load.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
That's a good friend! It's gotten so that I don't even look at CL anymore...

You do have to exercise caution and take an "if it sounds too good to be true" attitude. That said, I've made a few really great purchases from local CL. I always arrange to meet in a very public place, like a Starbucks or similar. Most of my CL purchases have been for camera gear, like a couple of lenses and a really nice photographer's vest. Probably the best deal I've made was for a very expensive light stand I picked up for $35 from a guy who was retiring as a professional photographer. So far (knock on wood) I've not had any bad CL experiences, but I'm pretty set;ective about which ads I respond to. I've even sold a few things myself on CL.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
And just why do many sellers cover up the license plate?
If a scammer is going to repost a picture (as they usually do),they'd
be more likely to use one with the plate covered up.
My other major gripe is when they put "$1" in the headline.
I'm always tempted to call & ask if they'd take 75 cents for it,but I think
that I'd get an irate response.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
".45ACP in bigger towns and on excursions like CL.
Locally .380.
My 1911 is Colt, NOT an A1, WWI vintage. Ramped, semi-accurized, quasi Pacmeyer grips..Glasers top load."

I have a pair of 1911s. One was my great grandads WWII sidearm and is WWI vintage, the other one is a Delta Elite that I picked up so I could retire the old girl. The WWI one was accurized by my dad, it sports a match series 70 gold cup barrel and collet bushing, has a ramp job, and a beautifully crisp trigger. My Delta was tuned at some point before I got it and is a very good shooting gun, it had an oversized beavertail, a tuned trigger, and pachmar grips when I got it. I changed the Pachmar grips on it to stag ones and replaced the magazine release with an older one for better grip. Both can turn in sub 2" groups at 25 yds.