• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Any Fri 13th tales of bad luck??

T

Tinster

12:45 AM< Friday the 13th has just arrived and
we are soundly sleeping (last night). A great
crashing noise of shattering glass wakes us up.
What have the cats knocked over and broken now??

Who me?? They give us the look. Innocent.
No great mess downstairs. But Wendy spots a huge
yellow cane toad munching at the cat's food dish.
She chases the beast outside with a dust broom.

Wendy's home office upstairs has smashed glass
all over her tiled floor.

A 3.4 earthquake last night shook loose the
ceiling mounted electrical cable and the ceiling
fan grabbed the wires and spun them into a bun.
Ripping everything out of the wall and smashing
our antique hurricane kerosene lamp to smithereens.

Dale seems to be plagued by wiring problems!!

Anyone else suffer on the 13th??

D

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
You know what?

I honestly never even *realized* it was Friday the 13th until this post.
Busy day, but completely uneventful for me here in NJ.

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
I'm responsible for organizing our annual British Car Club picnic up here on Mt Lemmon this Sunday. Last night a sink hole opens up in the middle of the highway and they close the road with an announcement that it will be closed for many days.

Hole was big enough that motorists stranded on the mountain had to leave their cars there and were belayed to a ranger, guided around its edge and bussed down into town.

Amazingly the county worked thru the might and this afternoon they got the road open again (lots of local pressure as there is an Oktoberfest going on up top).

So the 13th was sort of lucky for me. Always has been... my wife & I got married on Friday the 13th 30 years ago.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I think that there is a voodoo doll named Tinster,somewhere in the islands, wrapped in wire and sitting in a pool of gasoline. Be very careful today Dale!

Harry_Ward

Jedi Knight
Country flag
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif

Wow this is strange,

My Foreman told me he removed a big green bull frog from my office this morning at 6:30 A.M.. He said it came right out from under my desk and he actually thought it was a rat at first until it started hopping around. I thought it strange how a green bullfrog can get up a steep twenty five step flight of stairs and be in my office. Especially with-out help from a practical jokster (I asked them all and no ones fessing up).

So there's got to be only one explanation...

Dale, honestly I was only kidding about the Crypt Car trying to off itself so don't be sending that frog mumbo-jumbo stuff up here.

Other than that the day was great! So the frog was really a good thing right?

jerrybny

Jedi Knight
Friday the 13th?? A bunch of mumbo jumbo I say as I knock on my wood dash /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
im going for a ride now ill let ya know 10/14

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
so buisy today I diden't have time to think about it. Nothing out of the ordinary bad here. Of course, a couple hours NW of here in Buffalo they got over 20" of snow last night. Thankfully we are pretty much out of the lake effect zone.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I played some awfully bad golf this afternoon, but then again, it doesn't have to be Friday the 13th for me to do that.

After that fiasco, I decided it would be better to stay away from the TR6, if only until tomorrow.

jeff3113

Jedi Hopeful
Mt Lemmon!!! I lived in Tucson 8 years and made several trips up that long highway. In Albquerque the sandias have a nice drive winding up the east side. Almost got taken out by a deer that jumped over the hood of my TR a couple years ago.

Today I took my mistress (TR) on a 1 mile tour - after sitting 1 year and getting painted. Darn headlight and turn signal wiring. grrrrrr
tomorrow time to get it right "again".

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
all went well, No curse here!

NickMorgan

Jedi Knight
I never believed in Friday the 13th until Friday the 13th October 1988. That was the day I bought my first TR3. It was a rust free Californian import, that I bought in the north of England. Turned out that it had been involved in a bad smash, had a bent chassis, bent body tub, engine beyond repair, buckled wheel, burnt out wiring, no suspension bushes, so wrecked wishbones, failed dynamo, no brake shoes, ... the gear box was OK, though.

gsalt57tr3

Jedi Warrior
Nick, sounds like the Rover I bought that was imported from Scotland. I guess the tip off for me should have been the Scotish Off Road Club sticker in the window.

My Series 3 did not have an easy childhood, but shes doing ok now in sunny California.

TheAssociate

Jedi Hopeful
I drove my '72 Spitfire for the first time thursday, since I ressurected her from the grave.

Early friday morning I was under the hood adjusting the heater valve to "hot". You see, the cable had previously arc welded itself on the positive side of the battery, and needs to be replaced. So once again the cable decided to touch the battery terminal, and proceded to heat up like a stove element! Fortunately, it burned some rubber and oil from the cable only!
With that incident out of the way, without transmission cover or brake light switch, I drove her proudly around "friday the 13th" with a friend. Didn't have any other problems!

Adam H.