• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Anger !

Country flag
Came out one morning a year or so ago and found that someone had dumped a bunch of old tires on the front lawn sometime during the night. Made it worse by putting up a sign that said "don't complain, they're free". Ended up having to haul them to a tire place and pay $5 a piece recycling to get rid of them.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
That's just plain rude Mike.

Country flag
Yea, I wonder why some people can be such, well, behinds. With my bathroom and kitchen renovations this spring/summer I've had all the debris hauled away and properly disposed of. The responsible thing to do.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Yea, I wonder why some people can be such, well, behinds. With my bathroom and kitchen renovations this spring/summer I've had all the debris hauled away and properly disposed of. The responsible thing to do.

You have to wonder what kind of upbringing they had.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
On my evening walk along one mile stretch of road I notice an alarming number of discarded Vodka bottles. Pints and shots.

The same brand on both sides of the road so either the person drinks going to work and coming home or both driver and passenger drink going one way. Either way it is a bit worrying.

David

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
On my evening walk along one mile stretch of road I notice an alarming number of discarded Vodka bottles. Pints and shots.

The same brand on both sides of the road so either the person drinks going to work and coming home or both driver and passenger drink going one way. Either way it is a bit worrying.

David

Sounds like it's probably the same person.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Sounds like an alcoholic trying to hide their problem. Sad and unkind.

catfood

Jedi Knight
I once got back to my car after a trip to the theatre to find someone's half eaten KFC spread across my windscreen. Even more annoying was the fact that I was parked about 10 yards from a rubbish bin.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I once got back to my car after a trip to the theatre to find someone's half eaten KFC spread across my windscreen. Even more annoying was the fact that I was parked about 10 yards from a rubbish bin.

Many times when I go to our local Smith's Grocery store I end up picking up cups, wrappers, etc, as I walk from the parking lot to the store, which has several trash (rubbishI) bins out front. Some people are just plain lazy.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Sadly we live in a world where we are taught that I am the most important at all times - Sadly this is the example given at pretty much every level - with govt and media and business this message is reinforced. So if those setting the example don't care, why should !?

Tonight we had a woman knock on the door - daughter had had an Amazon package delivered - which we just discovered was promptly stolen - this woman found the box in the park and returned it - all contents intact and unharmed (I guess of no interest to the thieves) - so, yes, dishonest but also kind and thoughtful to return it. (I still believe there are more kind and honest BTW)

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
But a few bad apples...

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
As a volunteer with the local Park Police, I come across dumping situations all the time. Generally, we try to see if there is something that identifies the dumper, but short of that, all we can do is call Park Maintenance to come get the crap out of there. Sometimes we luck up and someone witnessed the dumping or calls us when it is in progress. No one goes to jail, but they get a very expensive lesson in civil citations.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
As a volunteer with the local Park Police, I come across dumping situations all the time. Generally, we try to see if there is something that identifies the dumper,

:grin:

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag

:smile-new: Sometimes the truth is stranger than...the truth? I have actually thought about "Alice's Restaurant" when poking around what someone dumped. Personally, I think anyone who is caught dumping should allow people to dump trash in their front yard.