• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Android TV Box

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Basically a tiny computer whose only function is to let you watch TV over the Internet.

FWIW, although I have a different setup, it can be controlled through the remote that came with the TV. Commands are sent to the box through the HDMI interface.

Interesting - did you have to set that up?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
gak - could you translate that into English?

yikes - remember when we just worried about horizontal hold and vertical hold? and finding the single button remote?

Just model names - just model names

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Interesting - did you have to set that up?
I don't recall having to change anything. It just worked. This is a Raspberry Pi running LibreElec (a Linux variant).

Some things are still easier with the keyboard, like entering search strings. But everything seems to be possible with the remote.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I don't recall having to change anything. It just worked. This is a Raspberry Pi running LibreElec (a Linux variant).

Some things are still easier with the keyboard, like entering search strings. But everything seems to be possible with the remote.

You sir are a genius! Thanks for this. As it turns out (and with the help of Google) There is a CEC mode which allows the commands to work through the HDMI cable (either that or it is actual magic) at any rate a bit of searching and activating the CEC on the android box (it already was enabled on the TV) and Bob is mostly your uncle - not seamless but, pretty darn good. Thanks - and again the knowledge on this board always astonishes!