• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Almost $8 for shipping? Outrageous.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I finally broke down and joined Amazon Prime. Admittedly I order a lot of products on line and have a keen sense/ability for reading the description. I order on line because I hate going from store to store, don't want to research/search for the product and I guess you can say I'm pretty much lazy. Having confessed I can't remember when I've paid for shipping. Always use free shipping and I'm doing the happy dance.

There was a news item here locally recently that in the north - the Arctic that is - that Amazon Prime is making a huge difference in the lives of northern residents - basically everything has to be flown in an everything is crazy expensive - so, while Amazon only ships to one or two main communities, for instance, a box of diapers through Amazon is $30 - locally it is $75.

Quite a difference and a shipping/shopping model that might <might> make sense for the north.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Not a prime member. Dropped it after a year when I did not make much use but my wife is and makes plenty of use of the service. She orders my stuff now along with her order. Cant get away with anything.
She does not know about E bay.

David

mailbox

Jedi Knight
Country flag
That is maddening when you have to pay ridiculous shipping for some small inexpensive part. By the way - where have you been hiding?

Oh dear Lord it's been one of "THOSE" kinda summers. First there was the rear main seal out of the Surburban. Found it easier to pull the engine than the trans. There was the leaking gas tank on my sons Explorer, THEN pull the oil pan off the Surburban again. Stinkin little O-ring had to be replaced. Rebuild the front end of my new (to me) Dodge Dakota R/T. To finish all that up I'm currently replacing the PS pump on the Chevy truck. Had to move my daughter and son out of their apartment then move her in another apartment a week later (U-Haul is a bad word around my house after THAT week). Then there's just life in general. It's a wonder I found time to reply to this.